Why can't I reply in Classifieds?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why can't I reply in Classifieds??

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hello all..

A while ago it was brought up about not having reposnses allowed in the Classified section of GTA Motorcycle because of people commenting on price...using the forum to trash others etc. A few ideas were thrown around and we had a compromise of adding some strict rules about posting in that section.

There are various links throughout that section outlining the rules, yet it is a constant fight. We issue infractions and we get nasty PM's in return. We don't need the abuse and refuse to take it. The rules are clear and simple, however some feel they desereve to have their say about another persons product and/or asking price.

We are now going to not allow any responses in the Classified sections. The original poster will be able to respond to their own post in order to bump (not more than once a week). The original poster will also be able to edit, and delete their own thread once it has been sold.

If you are interested in something for sale, use the PM function or contact the seller however they request on their ad.

Unfortunately it only takes a few to ruin good things for everyone.

Thanks to everyone for helping keep GTAM clean and fun!!

Paul

I don't like this rule... I think if you're gonna ban people from comenting on classified items, then you should have rules for people posting in the section

i mean, why should i have to send a PM to ask how many kilometers are on their bike. Also, if I know someone is a scam artist, why should I not warn others not to waste their time?

Valid Points!

Pm messages are gonna skyrocket... all for repetative questions too... Oh well... I dont own the site!

Hello all..

A while ago it was brought up about not having reposnses allowed in the Classified section of GTA Motorcycle because of people commenting on price... The rules are clear and simple, however some feel they desereve to have their say about another persons product and/or asking price.

As they should.
What better way to police the classifieds than giving all the members access?
Watch the scamming increase.
Nice work, admins.

I have some cool rocks for everyone to buy .....3 simple payments of 30 dollars.

What...I can't be a regular user too??....WTF???

Report the post...just like you SHOULD and would anyone else....

All the tools are on this forum to do everything everyone wants...but no one will use them.

I'm tired of the WHINING... I've accepted that there is no way to keep all of you happy....so suck it up buttercup!!

Maybe the bump rules should be changed as well...since reponses won't be bumping everything so often, it might be a good idea to allow bumps every three days instead.

Try coming up with ideas...instead of whining about change.

Last edited:
I have few ideas!

1. Since this forum is here to assist and promote motorcycling its in communitys interests to increase amount of riders. Not to help existing riders make a buck. Therefore comments on pricing should be allowed - this would help the seller to get an idea of what buyers are expecting, and help buyer to drop the price - its still ultimately up to the seller to agree on the offer price - so no harm can be done.

2. Parts section is too random - how about splitting it into subsection by main manufacturers (Honda, Suzi, Kawi, Yami) and a section "Other". This will help a person to locate particular parts instead of browsing through pages of useless(to u) content.

Hehe - u've asked for it!

Implement something similar to the effect of "member feedback"

This new rule thing is just a hinder to people looking to buy, i used other peoples psots and questions to help aid me in wether ornot to buy it, now the ad owner is gonna get barraged by the same questions ove rand over, and a few times someone asked a question that i didnt think of and it also helped in my decision to purchase or not.

highly disagree with this new format

This new rule thing is just a hinder to people looking to buy, i used other peoples psots and questions to help aid me in wether ornot to buy it, now the ad owner is gonna get barraged by the same questions ove rand over, and a few times someone asked a question that i didnt think of and it also helped in my decision to purchase or not.

highly disagree with this new format

sorry that was me , didnt realize i wasn't logged on

dont like the rules period.. .if they gonna comment on the classifieds.. ONE WARNING .. then ban for 1-2 weeks.. they keep doin it or bitching aobut it then perm ban... simple and quick. no more selling here till it fixed.. :(

Actually - better idea, ask posters to choose if they want to allow replies to their ad or not at the time they're posting the ad. That way, the stingy sellers trying to rip people off with sub-par products will be singled out cuz they won't allow replies and their products will definitely not sell as quickly.

In other words, since some sellers were complaining enough to force you to make this decision, leave it to those sellers to decide ahead of time if they want to allow replies. Obv, make this a mandatory decision, not defaulted either way and explain the adv/disadv of each decision.

Ta da! Problem solved

no not sellers it just became a place for fights to break out which we as mods/admin had to deal with.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we had people offering to mod the classifieds. As well, who supports this site more? the regulars who post on here and aren't willing to risk their reputation ripping people off or a yahoo with 3 previous posts trying to sell a warped zx12 for $14000.

Have you noticed that most of the problems and complaints are coming from sellers who haven't really been around the site for a while.

I'm sorry but if your prices are right and you aren't trying to sell people garbage you aren't going to get your thread flamed, infact anyone who tries flaming a thread unnecessarily usually ends up getting flamed themselves.

CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE

Back
Top Bottom