Why are so many almost brand new Harley Davidson's motorcycles so loud? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why are so many almost brand new Harley Davidson's motorcycles so loud?

45 degree V-twins :LOL: the mighty sound of an 8 cylinder radial aircraft engine missing on 6 pistons

They should put helix gears in the electric motorcycles to get rid of all that nasty gear noise,
then they would just hear your tires coming. Stealth mode rocks.

Never owned one, but ever since I heard the sweetness, this is still my favorite sounding bike, by a long shot. (regardless of who's exhaust it's wearing)

Never owned one, but ever since I heard the sweetness, this is still my favorite sounding bike, by a long shot. (regardless of who's exhaust it's wearing)

I have a friend who owns one and i've been dropping hints at overpaying him for it. If insurance gods ever allow me to own one this would be my garage queen. 1 litre Duc Eater ftw!

Rides to nearest Tim Hortons and spends all day sitting there however.

If you actually ride long distances that sort of exhaust gets annoying even for the rider in about 20 minutes flat.
I can imagine, between the noise and the visible vibration it can't be fun for long. Funny enough he did pull into Starbucks up the road

I can imagine, between the noise and the visible vibration it can't be fun for long. Funny enough he did pull into Starbucks up the road

I'd make a man bun joke, but I will admit that I've frequented a few Starbucks locations over the years on 2 wheels...particularly when traveling the USA and it's the only decent coffee to be found in a vast wasteland of black swill.

That said, it's coffee and go. Not coffee and pose in the parking lot for 4 hours before riding the 5km back home again.

Listen to that purrr.

On a related note, I saw this. Both disgustingly loud and entertaining that the same exhaust fits bikes from 1984 to 2017. Can any other current bike beat that record without a major revision?

af019569-b4a9-48cf-9c2b-fb74274913c5_fullsize.jpg

Radial Sherman doing an impression of a Harley :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom