Why abuse the situation? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why abuse the situation?

what right is being infringed?
Agree, at any level, not just constitutional. We don't have the right to drive any vehicle we want on any gov't owned property at any time. No motorcycles downtown, no driving on the soccer field, where's the difference in your rights? You are upset because they targeted motorbikes? Bicycles are allowed on the soccer field, should all motor vehicle drivers feel infringed upon? This is another one of those, we get the gov't we asked for. More vocal people were against than for and it gets implemented. The few dbags that choose to exercise their "rights" to make as much noise as they possibly can are primarily responsible for their freedom being restricted.

We live in lower city Hamilton, not too far from the escarpment (having moved from BC, I still struggle to call it a mountain). The racket from loud exhausts going up and down the access roads is relentless on weekend evenings and nights. It's mostly what sounds like air-cooled v-twins, but some sportbikes are mixed in, revving off the redline. Even as someone who loves most motorcycles (including loud 600 i4's), I get pretty irritated, so I can only imagine how a non-rider feels. Enough irritation leads to complaints, leads to crackdowns, and then LCD rules applied to all. It's what's keeping my Tuono exhaust stock, actually, not wanting to be a hypocrite...

Loud exhaust != going fast 🔥
But people phoning in for "street racing" gets more response than people phoning in because it's too loud.

But people phoning in for "street racing" gets more response than people phoning in because it's too loud.
Another neighbor on facebook just claimed to have seen a "sports bike" doing 120 in a 40 zone, a few weeks ago.
That escalated quickly. I don't see a good way of arguing against this.

Another neighbor on facebook just claimed to have seen a "sports bike" doing 120 in a 40 zone, a few weeks ago.
That escalated quickly. I don't see a good way of arguing against this.
did they have a radar gun? was it calibrated correctly or recently? :p

We live in lower city Hamilton, not too far from the escarpment (having moved from BC, I still struggle to call it a mountain). The racket from loud exhausts going up and down the access roads is relentless on weekend evenings and nights. It's mostly what sounds like air-cooled v-twins, but some sportbikes are mixed in, revving off the redline. Even as someone who loves most motorcycles (including loud 600 i4's), I get pretty irritated, so I can only imagine how a non-rider feels. Enough irritation leads to complaints, leads to crackdowns, and then LCD rules applied to all. It's what's keeping my Tuono exhaust stock, actually, not wanting to be a hypocrite...
I guess it strongly depends on where you live, in my area (Hwy 7, Georgetown) it is easily 90% sport bikes and/or cars (to be honest it is hard to tell the difference at times) but either one they love their redline. Of course I do hear the big V-Twins as well, but I tend to hear the radio's more than the exhausts. ( I will never understand that one.. )

My stock exhaust is notoriously quiet, like sewing machine level. Yet just in the last week I experienced:

- Dad's 4 beers deep, yelling at me from the front porch to "slow the f@#$ down this is a neighborhood", while their kids race past me on the road with their 10 speeds and razor scooters

- OPP following me through a dozen distinct side road turns, presumably running my plates and then waiting for me to creep a few kph above the speed limit (after 20 wasted minutes they finally gave up)

- passing a radar trap on Snake road, DEAD ON THE SPEED LIMIT because I know they are frequently setup there. The officer still felt compelled to step into the roadway and give me an emphatic "slow down" hand motion as I rolled by.

Noise complaints probably aren't helping, but I don't know how they could make it much worse than the hate for motorcycles that already exists.

This happened to me way back.

There's a super sharp turn going into my parent's place where you can drag knee at 40km/h (the speed limit.)

It was wide open with no blind spots so I'd check of it's clear and go at 40km/h if safe. Random kids loved it. A guy followed me home once to ask about riding. But there was one mom that decided to show up and tell me "you're going too fast, I'll call the cops next time."

I encouraged her to do it and learn to ******* judge speed correctly. Also my full system had no baffle lol

She followed you home?!!!
Damn...

It's like 5 minute walk from the corner or < 30 seconds @ 40km/h. But still ridiculously neurotic imo.

This happened to me way back.

There's a super sharp turn going into my parent's place where you can drag knee at 40km/h (the speed limit.)

It was wide open with no blind spots so I'd check of it's clear and go at 40km/h if safe. Random kids loved it. A guy followed me home once to ask about riding. But there was one mom that decided to show up and tell me "you're going too fast, I'll call the cops next time."

I encouraged her to do it and learn to ******* judge speed correctly. Also my full system had no baffle lol
"Also my full system had no baffle lol"

And the thread is called :

Why abuse the situation?​

I'm seeing a connection. Perhaps it's just me.

"Also my full system had no baffle lol"

And the thread is called :

Why abuse the situation?​

I'm seeing a connection. Perhaps it's just me.

I see it more like "ignorant fucks don't know better."

I understand we should appease the public's uninformed opinion to avoid the spotlight; it also eats at my soul lol. I was never told it's too loud (unbaffled Yoshi systems are significantly more quiet than every other type) but I definitely agree with ignorants jumping to conclusion from assumptions.

My stock exhaust is notoriously quiet, like sewing machine level. Yet just in the last week I experienced:

- Dad's 4 beers deep, yelling at me from the front porch to "slow the f@#$ down this is a neighborhood", while their kids race past me on the road with their 10 speeds and razor scooters

- OPP following me through a dozen distinct side road turns, presumably running my plates and then waiting for me to creep a few kph above the speed limit (after 20 wasted minutes they finally gave up)

- passing a radar trap on Snake road, DEAD ON THE SPEED LIMIT because I know they are frequently setup there. The officer still felt compelled to step into the roadway and give me an emphatic "slow down" hand motion as I rolled by.

Noise complaints probably aren't helping, but I don't know how they could make it much worse than the hate for motorcycles that already exists.
I've had loud pipes and quiet ones. In over 40 years of riding none of these things has happened to me.

got pulled over once for loud pipe. no ticket, but I only do performance upgrades with go-fast stickers now.

Back
Top Bottom