Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 53 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1709952071472.png

Washout weekend, but at least the snow is staying way north, so we should escape a fresh pile of salt on the roads hopefully at least as the forecast down this way is just "flurries".

View attachment 66479

Washout weekend, but at least the snow is staying way north, so we should escape a fresh pile of salt on the roads hopefully at least as the forecast down this way is just "flurries".
Perfect weekend to keep the mod installs coming.

Perfect weekend to keep the mod installs coming.

Problem is for me, I'm kind of done with that...did all the wiring for new plugs/chargers, did the new backrest, did the cargo rack....still need to tweak the highway pegs a little, but the bike will need to be outside for that so I have more space, so no bueno. And no riding.

Guess I'll have to find something non motorcycle related to fill the weekend. Oh the humanity!

Roads are getting a good wash here. Half tempted to go for a ride. Could wash the bike and test the waterproofing on my new gear at the same time. Then again, as @Evoex says there's always motorcycle tinkering......

1709998242423.png

Cold front coming in from the west with a pretty noticable temperate drop behind it, supposed to get very gusty as it approaches and passes, as is typical.

For those that care, salters were out with a vengeance today. The rain did a good job of cleaning up a few days ago but we are back to piles of salt on the road.
That's great news! Means the snow I'm getting this evening might not form ice on the road if I get a chance to ride Monday.

..Tom

Visited another popular spot to ensure it's up to BurgeRR standards. Happy to report its still excellent.

20240311_182549.jpg

Last edited:
Hopped on the bikes for an afternoon ride. 8C, skies threatening rain a bit, but we've got the Gore-TEX suits on, so bring it on!

20240309_155145-X2.jpg

Rode to the next town over to grab some Korean food. Had some KFC (Korean Fried Chicken). Delicious!

20240308_171707-X2.jpg

Stopped for a nice sunset pic by the lake.

20240309_183456-X2.jpg

And then... Libations! Of course!

Just above freezing but sunny so I decided a ride was in order to see how warm the new pants and jacket are. I plugged in and was good. My old gear would have needed another layer inside top and bottom along with my rain gear to keep me this comfy. Now it's time to update my cold weather gloves.

It seems we escaped most of the salt out in the east end, roads are clean in my neck of the woods and all the way up to Peterborough and points east.

Hoping to get out after work for a scoot somewhere to enjoy the longer daylight hours now.

I may have started a redundant thread. Is there a bunch headed to FOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom