Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Looking at longer term forecast, looks like we're dipping back into the negatives. I'll give it another 2 weeks and i'm "putting the bike away"

I love riding in days like today when there are gusty winds! It always fascinates me how a big tall bike like a V-Strom can naturally stabilize itself when hit by hard gusts when moving at speeds. Just have to relax the grip on the handlebars and let it do its thing.

..Tom

@V-Tom if my insurance rates were cheaper I think that'll be my end bike. My Cb500x 100/month, quoted vstrom 650 150/month ? need to do my time and age faster lol. I mean 600$ a year isn't a super big deal but it could be spent elsewhere on a yearly basis..

Thanks! It's actually a bit ratty but the engine is off a '89 Radian, fully rebuilt a few years ago. It does run very well and sounds awesome. Fun little scooter :cool:

Looks good from the picture .

Rode to work Tuesday. A brisk 3C on the way in and a seemingly balmy 4 or 5 on the way home. It was damp in the morning so I'm thinking that made it feel much warmer coming home.

I still haven't been out since getting back from the Dragon. Really wanted to get out Tuesday or whatever day it was this week that was really nice (I saw more than a few others out) but there's just too much on my plate right now between a major kitchen reno we are on the tail end of, and getting ready for a vacation. By the time I could have actually got the scoot out of the garage and geared up I would have got about 20 minutes riding before the sun started setting.

That, and my daughter putting her car in a ditch requiring some, uh..."repairs", necessitated a far busier week than was hoped.

I was aiming for 30,000KM this year but am going to have to be happy with just slightly under 29,000 from the looks of it.

I rode on the weekend & this week on Wednesday - might go out tomorrow again before the snowfall on Sunday drops possibly last few days for me.

I rode on the weekend & this week on Wednesday - might go out tomorrow again before the snowfall on Sunday drops possibly last few days for me.

I rode in to work every day this week and will likely do the same tomorrow. Sunday looks like a good day to not ride.

..Tom

Just got back from an hr ish ride. Hands got a bit chilly, mainly just the finger tips.. Debating if I wanna get some heated gloves or heated grips. ?

Tomorrow looks promising for short rides,
Sunday is ❄⛄ maybe the start of studded tyre season anyway.

@MacDoc my current gloves are kinda bulky so I don't think I'd want liner.

heated liners are uber thin.
You will find these very awkward on a motorcycle.

71ErDkx-O1L._SL1080_.jpg

Revzilla has them on for 50% off ...terrific deal.

Last edited:
Nice ride in to work this morning! -7 when I left home. The roads were all brined overnight so look like they are icy but aren't.

Absolutely toasty warm with my heated gloves, Jacket and Socks (from "Warm n Safe") and my heated seat and handgrips. I could ride all day in this temperature (but work Saturdays.)

The right gear makes such difference!

..Tom

@MacDoc: yeah Randy is pretty crazy! his bike is setup for riding on ice and snow and he purposely goes out in massive snow storms.

Just goes to show you no matter how crazy you think you are there is always someone even more crazy! :)

..Tom

Saw someone on a Yamaha R1 at the forks today - he had come from Mississauga. I took my car. One of today's minor chores was to clean out the van and the garage and get all the bikes into storage so that I can put the car in the garage, so that it's not covered in freezing rain when I have to go to work early Monday morning. I am planning to park myself in front of the big screen and watch various MotoGP and WorldSBK practice and qualifying sessions from the past year ... I never have time during the season to watch anything other than the finals.

Back
Top Bottom