Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

I think the brine that is on the local roads has all frozen. Although the roads were mainly dry looking this morning I cold spin the (snow) tires on my GTI in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th even at 1,500 to 2,000 rpm. A car in front of me almost spun out

I think what's happened was the little bit of dusty snow we got the last few days very mobile, so when the winds came up yesterday a lot of it blew onto the roads, melted, and then refroze with the rapid temp drop last night.

Minus 37c in Barrie this morning. Work was cancelled, nobody is pouring concrete in this.
Had a small job yesterday, concrete was freezing in the drum and my water tank and lines were fighting me every step of the way.
I did pull the drz out a couple nights ago, 10 minutes drifting though the neighborhood was enough for me.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Minus 37c in Barrie this morning. Work was cancelled, nobody is pouring concrete in this.
Had a small job yesterday, concrete was freezing in the drum and my water tank and lines were fighting me every step of the way.
I did pull the drz out a couple nights ago, 10 minutes drifting though the neighborhood was enough for me.

damn bro, you work with concrete? Respect

damn bro, you work with concrete? Respect
Well I haul it. I drive a ready mix truck out of Barrie. Decent pay solid hours and a pension. The winter it is a miserable job, so much water and ice and frozen concrete.

whenever I roll through TO this time of year
and see the concrete pumpers putting up those high rises
gotta wonder how it affects them strength wise pouring in these temps

looks like they try to tarp and heat the area
but it's still gotta be nasty cold in there

Well I haul it. I drive a ready mix truck out of Barrie. Decent pay solid hours and a pension. The winter it is a miserable job, so much water and ice and frozen concrete.

ahhh, thats not too bad

I used to build/strip the forms...

On the plus side, jan is the coldest month, after which things only improve, albeit slowly

For some reason I thought February was historically the coldest month?

..Tom

I saw someone riding a bike southbound on Jane St north of Teston around 6:15 pm this eve. I couldn't tell the type of bike and had to double check that it was a bike but sure enough someone was riding!

Anyone from here?

..Tom

For some reason I thought February was historically the coldest month?

..Tom

No it just always felt that way because of my lack of dates on valentines day

But jan is the coldest month of the year

I predict that in a couple of weeks the polar vortex will complete a circle the hemisphere, will once again plant its fat *** over top of Ontario and will proceed sit and spin here for 2 or 3 weeks straight, making February extra ****ed-up and cold too.

Awful cold on my drive in to work this morning..

I don't like it!

..Tom

Yes -26 in the car this morning in Oshawa. Last week I was in Savannah Georgia. We were still needing a hoodie and a lighter spring jacket warmest it got all week was +10, the week before it was +24, missed it by a damn week. Of course they had snow two days ago, (about 3"), and had to close the airport for two days as they had nothing to plow the runways..lol

We were in the midst of the snow streamers hitting Erie PA on our drive down, had to take a 4 hour detour as interstate was closed due to numerous accidents. Between 5 PM Xmas eve and 6 pm Xmas day Erie got 67 INCHES if snow and were bracing for another 1 - 2 FEET this past week end, we came home via Kingston instead..lol

It's probably **your** fault it's so cold here now. Why aren't you over in the upside down part of the world right now?

..Tom

I wish ...have to move house mid Feb. :(
Last time staff did it ( their idea ) and I'd get a mutiny if it happened again.
Taking a break in Hawaii for two weeks in March then lots of spring and summer riding planned

Then off to Aus for the Aug Sept Oct.....dry season, mid 20s - new tires on the KLR, shoulder has slowly been healing more..rarely ever comes into play..I skipped carpal tunnel surgery for my hands and glad I did.
Just have to get past this cold snap and hope for a warmer Feb.

The only real issue is getting the bike 8k to the new place ....as long as the snow is gone ...no problem and I have until end of Feb...just need one decent day and it's major roads.

Can't believe I saw 2 bikes on the road today! The new KLR300 (?) at Yonge and Sheppard area around 3:30pm, and then a Suzuki dirt bike / super moto at Lakeshore / Kipling around 4:30pm....good on you guys but hell it was slippery with the rain and cold!

New rider here:

In regards to salt damage to bike, what's the best remedy?
I was watching youtube video's that were just saying to wash key components of the bike every time you ride in salty areas.
Would you lube/clean chains every ride as well?

Let me know what works for you, I definitely want to ride as far into winter and as early spring as possible haha.

Leave it alone til spring. Salt is not hurting your bike.
Forget about cleaning the chain....just lube it.

New rider.???...your worry should be about front wheel washouts from sand and salt accumulations in unlikely spots.

Back
Top Bottom