Who's riding the dragon Victoria Day weekend. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's riding the dragon Victoria Day weekend.

Gary64

Site Supporter
There were lots of Ontario riders at Deals Gap May 2-4 weekend last year. My buddy and I will be leaving Friday, taking the long way down and arriving Sunday night. We'll be riding the area roads on Monday before heading to the Barber Museum on Tuesday. Say hello if you see a couple of Multistradas with Ontario plates.

heading down sat for the week. Look for 3 vfrs and a zx1100!!!!!!!

Will do.

We usually go through PA and the whole length of the Blue Ridge but we're heading further west this year to try out the 555 in Ohio then 47 through WV. Getting on the Blue Ridge at Roanoke this time and staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville Sunday and Monday nights.

Me and 4 other buddies.
1 Cbr
1 vfr
1 fz8
1 Gsxr
1 Harley

Weather looks iffy but we're all booked already.

Thursday - Sunday

Will do.

We usually go through PA and the whole length of the Blue Ridge but we're heading further west this year to try out the 555 in Ohio then 47 through WV. Getting on the Blue Ridge at Roanoke this time and staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville Sunday and Monday nights.

I rode a good chunk 555 coming home from the gap last summer (north to zainsville). It's not crazy but still a real good ride. Pavement was good and very little traffic.
FWIW an hour west of zainsville on I70 just before Columbus (I think) is the AMA Hall of Fame. It's a great waste of a few hours and they even have specail covered parking just for motorcycles, of course.

Q- How do you build and maintain such great roads to nowhere?
A- Let people pay for their own healthcare.

6e7amu8y.jpg
9uqurumu.jpg
7amuqyzu.jpg

Honestly I don't get why people don't like the dragon. Best road I've ever been on. People are great and road was clean.

Here's one of mine from the dragon. We were there on Monday of our long weekend and the weather was great. Apparently earlier in the weekend was not so good. Coming home the entire length of the Blue Ridge the past few days was extremely cold with temps just above freezing and high winds. Not typical late May conditions.

303656.jpg

It called for rain all weekend but by 11am-5 there was no rain. I enjoyed the overcast as I didn't cook in my leathers

How long of a ride is it usually to get there? I'd like to do it this summer.

How long of a ride is it usually to get there? I'd like to do it this summer.

If you slab it down I75 it's about a day and a half. However, there are many great roads on the way down that you would be missing.

We've done the dragon a few times from Toronto. Here's a few routes you can take http://eatsleepride.com/search/route/dragon

Also, if you're looking for a great place to stay, try the Snowbird Mountain Lodge for great food and an incredible bar. Every room has a hot tub overlooking the smokey mountains and the Dragon is basically down the hill from the Lodge. Tell them you hear about the place from EatSleepRIDE and they'll likely give you a break on your stay - the owner is a biker. http://eatsleepride.com/c/9364

Aweomse, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom