Who the hell insures sportbikes anymore? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who the hell insures sportbikes anymore?

Echelon / RP has me down for $913.00 for just the accident benefits on a Goldwing. Maybe they think I'll get a hernia putting it onto the centre stand. Well over 30 and a clean record.

I kicked around the thought of a Rukus scooter as a second set of wheels. It was almost a grand for basic insurance as a second ride.

It looks like you can buy a sport bike but you can't ride it on the street.

Echelon / RP has me down for $913.00 for just the accident benefits on a Goldwing. Maybe they think I'll get a hernia putting it onto the centre stand. Well over 30 and a clean record.

I kicked around the thought of a Rukus scooter as a second set of wheels. It was almost a grand for basic insurance as a second ride.

It looks like you can buy a sport bike but you can't ride it on the street.

I think it was their way of telling you to get a real bike. :D

Jokes aside. DAMN that seems astronomical

Dalton Timmis also reps. Echelon. You may want to give them a call if you haven't already tried them.

Dalton Timmis also reps. Echelon. You may want to give them a call if you haven't already tried them.

I am pretty sure that Echelon does not insure sportbikes (RP quotes Echelon and they have never insured sportbikes)

The only company that will insure sport bikes are

SF
TD
RBC
Aviva
Allstate

Some have requirements but there they are, none gives good rate sadly.

Last edited:
The only company that will insure sport bikes are

SF
TD
RBC
Aviva
Allstate

Some have requirements but there they are, none gives good rate sadly.

Are you sure about Aviva? Is there somewhere here that has an SS insured with them?

PM sent.

Allstate is a insurer, like TD, SF etc.

Which companies does Dalton Timmins use? I still need quotes from Echelon and Aviva. Covered Intact, Desjardins, TD and RBC. I'm not sure if Allstate is a brokerage or they have their own insurance. Gotta call them too.

Aviva takes sports bikes, rates are kinda crazy. Somehow my friend got a better rate with Facility then he did with Aviva, LOL

600 cheaper. Im with SF.

Aviva takes sports bikes, rates are kinda crazy. Somehow my friend got a better rate with Facility then he did with Aviva, LOL

600 cheaper. Im with SF.

LOL yes I got $7700:lmao: for a 600cc. Your friend must be rich!

I pay about $1,100/year for an '03 FZ1 through Duffy and Intact. But then I am an olde fart, with a clean record and live in the hinterland. Also, I have been with Duffy since about 2008.

I love how stupid these companies are. I got an FZ-09 an expected to be quoted $1600+ a year for full but nope. $1100. The only question she asked me was "Does it have an R in its name?" That bike is a beast but they treat it as a standard. Unbelievable

I love how stupid these companies are. I got an FZ-09 an expected to be quoted $1600+ a year for full but nope. $1100. The only question she asked me was "Does it have an R in its name?" That bike is a beast but they treat it as a standard. Unbelievable

Bandit 1250s are sick fast, but cheap to insure, less than an R6.

There is supposed to be a science to this. They have data on bikes and crashes and calculate risk. If the bike is new, they have no data and high ball it.

Some brands and bikes attract idiots with no brains and no money. They crash, and make big claims.

However, I know two actuaries, and neither can explain to me why my liability fee on my bike is equal to my car, when I can drive my car in snow and ice, other than the fact that the powersports market is toys and used to subsidize the car market.

the age thing makes no sense either, younger drivers get more infractions, but older drivers actually get into more crashes.

i moved SF 2059 to TD 1600 a week ago 05 gsxr 750 34 clean record toronto....seemed like a deal to me.

Back
Top Bottom