Who pays Uber? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who pays Uber?

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Out of curiosity How does getting restaurant meals via Uber work out financially for Uber, the driver, the restaurant and the consumer?

I get the impression that Uber gets a 30% of the tab. Does the consumer also pay Uber or what kind of tip is expected and to who? Tax?

Assume a $60.00 meal package from a restaurant on lock down. If mileage is a factor say 10 Km.

Understood, a take out only restaurant has some real estate advantages.

Uber Marks up the pricing and takes a cut, the driver is paid a base fee (per delivery usually) and the consumer applies the tip.

Eat at home, save money, know who has processed and touched your food. These apps & services are for people who can't open a can of tuna.

Eat at home, save money, know who has processed and touched your food. These apps & services are for people who can't open a can of tuna.
Perhaps, but it's also a solid way to support local business and people who've been laid off and are resorting to other part time gigs to get by. There was a sobering article in the paper the other day, restaurant owner laid off his staff and is working 12hr days by himself and made only $700 last week. His rent was due and is over $9k.

I've probably spent $150 in the last 1.5 weeks on takeout and my freezer is full.

the packaging of takeout food is the biggest concern
it's suggested to immediately remove from packing and plate it with your own stuff

immediately get the packaging out of the house
washing hands before handling and again before eating

there is little evidence of infection through the digestive tract

groceries are a bigger concern for me
who knows how many nose-pickers handled your goods before you bought them?

Perhaps, but it's also a solid way to support local business and people who've been laid off and are resorting to other part time gigs to get by. There was a sobering article in the paper the other day, restaurant owner laid off his staff and is working 12hr days by himself and made only $700 last week. His rent was due and is over $9k.

I've probably spent $150 in the last 1.5 weeks on takeout and my freezer is full.
Using uber (or similar) for takeout smokes the restaurants margin. If possible pick up the food as you want the restaurant to make money, not the ***** at Uber head office who haven't cut their percentage in this mess.

I am conflicted with takeout. As JF said, it is one of the riskier things that I am exposed to. Most of the weekly grocery run is packaged and not touched for a few days to let some of the crap die. So far we haven't done takeout but I am certainly not judging people who do.

Using uber (or similar) for takeout smokes the restaurants margin. If possible pick up the food as you want the restaurant to make money, not the ***** at Uber head office who haven't cut their percentage in this mess.
Far from perfect agreed, but this way i support 2 birds with 1 stone...at least that's what i've convinced myself of.

Back
Top Bottom