Which Ninja 300 Model would you choose? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which Ninja 300 Model would you choose?

nikos1965

Okay. So I have 2 prices from 2 different dealers sorta in my area, different years and of course priced different. Both Brand new just adding the HST + Licence.

2017 Ninja 300 Non ABS $4999.00

2016 Ninja 300 with ABS $4650.00

The 17 I prefer the color over the 16 and the ABS on the 16 is a plus I guess some will say.

What do you all think, I am uncertain on deciding.

ABS bike. Generally I'd say a model year newer for $350 is worth it but the resale and safety factor of ABS is worth it. Good luck with the new bike whatever you decide.

Another vote for used ABS for much less money. Tons out there, many with very little mileage (not that it really matters, but the point is there are many basically new bikes on the market).

the '17.....abs is overrated, but you'll have to look at the bike all the time so colour matters !

Is this your first bike? Go online and pick up a 2013-2015 for $3500 and call it a day. Bikes don't have book values so you can pay the MTO HST on however much you want. The HST has already been paid on the bike if it's used so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

I have been looking at used models and honestly you dont save that much. On average a used 15 or 16 are selling over $4000.00 so Im going new and I get a 2 year warranty included.

I have been looking at used models and honestly you dont save that much. On average a used 15 or 16 are selling over $4000.00 so Im going new and I get a 2 year warranty included.

smart move :thumbup:

Research is good. Just remember on the new bike that you pay tax on the purchase price plus all the dealer fees. You are probably looking at $5500 to $6000 for a bike from the dealership and $4001 for a used bike.

Get a 2013, they haven't changed them at all since then, and can probably still find one with ABS in good condition no less

+1 for used.

If you must get new, the one with ABS wins over being a year newer in my book....plus it's cheaper....and probably better resale.

so when go to Ministry are you telling me they dont have a value on a 3 year old bike and I can basically say I got it for a few hundred and they will beleive me?

so when go to Ministry are you telling me they dont have a value on a 3 year old bike and I can basically say I got it for a few hundred and they will beleive me?

They may not believe you but they will complete the sale if you have a bill of sale to match what you claim. Overly suspicious transactions are investigated apparently (the MTO will contact the seller to corroborate your story/invoice) but chances are that won't happen.

If you put a value of a few hundred with the bill of sale detailing as-is and cosmetic damage you may be less trigger the request letter and only have to pay a little tax. I doubt anything over 1000 would trigger the letter.

If the seller gets the letter, they just throw it out. They aren't sent via registered mail so there is no way of knowingnifnthey ever got it.

NOTE that when you register the bike at serviceontario you pay the tax on how much the bike is worth, not what you paid for it.

OP: Do what I just did, Get a used ninja 300 with ABS. Cheaper on insurance and will be easier to sell once youre ready to upgrade. My 300 is all blacked out and looks sexy af.

When you transfer the ownership, you pay tax on what you claim you paid, not what it's worth. There is currently no book value on bikes. If you have a bill of sale that states that, even better. If they question it, the ministry will send the previous owner a letter asking what they sold it for. If the previous owner does not respond, they send another letter. If still no response, they don't do anything more. Be on the same page as the seller.

Back
Top Bottom