Which crash bar? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which crash bar?

djez

I'm prepping my bike CBF1000 for some distance riding and will take it to light/medium offroad condition.

Which crash bar is better of the two ? Pros and cons between the two?

SW/motec
217736.jpg

Givi
TN460.jpg

Any input even from different bike are greatly appreciated.

J

do you have pictures of the other side?

SW/motec shows one side....and the other shows the opposite side. The Givi looks weaker, but would protect stuff that generally breaks - clutch/stator covers.

Can you not use both!?

Im thinking about using both.
Other option are RG engine Cover,

and this
RG.CP0275BL.jpg

Also Planning to make custom skid plate to protect header.

I had the givi one and it did protect my engine in a crash but badly damaged my upper fairing in a tip-over.

I had GIVI bars on my DL650. They vibrated (the joint in front) so badly around 5,000 rpm that it even confused mechanics. I now have SW Motec and couldn't be happier. I think GIVI makes good bags, but their other hardware is so-so.

I had GIVI bars on my DL650. They vibrated (the joint in front) so badly around 5,000 rpm that it even confused mechanics. I now have SW Motec and couldn't be happier. I think GIVI makes good bags, but their other hardware is so-so.

If their design is superior, but hardware isn't. OP might be able to purchase replacement hardware and some rubber isolators / washers and solve that issue.

If their design is superior, but hardware isn't. OP might be able to purchase replacement hardware and some rubber isolators / washers and solve that issue.

I don't think GIVI has a superior design on the crash bars, as I've tried had both brands on my bike. I threw away the GIVI crash bars after the SW replacements were installed!!

I have a GIVI E52 topcase and E32 panniers on my bike. I have an SW topcase mount, and it's great. I have GIVI pannier mounts, which are cheap and rusting. I like the bags, but find GIVI's other hardware not to be worth the $'s.

My experience was poor with the GIVI crashbars. I will NOT buy/install another set of GIVI crashbars on any motorcycle I own.

Back
Top Bottom