Which Bike should I buy??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which Bike should I buy???

with a pocket full of spark plugs :)

not at all. I owned two 87 RG250's. One track, one street. If its jetted properly and the ignition is sparking properly - spark plugs are a once a year thing at most.

I also had an rg500 that I took to vancouver island and back in 1986. No plugs req'd.

fouling plugs means something needs fixing.

Advice to OP:
DO NOT buy a grey market bike.
Every one I have ever seen was thoroughly thrashed and require a top to bottom rebuild to make them a reliable ride. Think about it for a minute, why would they export a nice shape bike. You KEEP the nice stuff and export the rest. We get the junk. Then add to that, they're 25 year old junk now.
If that's what you're into, well get at 'er. You CAN make them reliable.
I would suggest you aim for some thing that was sold here. It is cheaper and easier to run something like a Norton or a SS Ducati than a grey market.

I'm selling my SV likely in the spring, 2005, 45k(maybe?), half fairing, some aesthetic road rash, $2k-ish.
OrYIVNO.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Well, not exactly winglets...just the signals moved up and made smaller. Looks alright styling to me. Hope the signals are bright enough though.

Buy what you like. If it's a 20 year old Jap 250RR and you have the tools and knowhow -- go for it!

I have never asked nor cared what others say about my choice of bikes, I ride what I like at the moment.

My daily commute is 12km across Markham -- if I can see 70KMH I'm flyin! I have a few litre+ bikes in the stable, there're not much fun riding around town using 1 or 2 gears. I'm thinking about getting another dinky cruiser, maybe drop right down and do Mod next summer.

There's so many good cheap bikes out there. Especially if you can do basic maintenance.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Well, not exactly winglets...just the signals moved up and made smaller. Looks alright styling to me. Hope the signals are bright enough though.

Styling's not bad but they did add some sort of little wings, low on the side fairings:

nxwIQyA.jpg

ah....didn't bother watching the whole vid. They seem pretty skinny and not supported at the back to be tip over sliders though.

Engine sliders are pretty small and Honda is clever with their geometry for keep vital things off the ground.
It's not aerodynamic.

I didn't think they were aero...it's a 500 after all. Thought they were just a styling/cosmetic thing as I didn't see any support behind them in the vid. Surprised they bothered with sliders though, considering the class.

Op,

Contact a broker or insurance company and give your history. Years licensed is only one factor and so is age.

Years of continuous motorcycle insurance is another factor.

As for which to buy, what do you like? I’m sure there is some middle weight bikes or even entry level bikes that fit you needs and remain appealing.

It’s already been stated, those small displacement special imports are usually beat, hard to find parts and or expensive if needing rebuilt etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom