Where to mount Gopro camera ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to mount Gopro camera ?

Spike66

Wheres the best place to mount a Gopro camera ?

On the helmet I am afraid it will come off with higher speeds ?

If mounted on the (sport) bike, where do you put it ?

What mounts are you using, is the 3M tape good enough to hold in place.

Cheers
Spike66

Get a gas tank mount, That way you can get your speedometer as well as everything in front of you

I used the curve sticky mount (that comes with the GOPro) and mounted it to the bottom center of the windscreen on my ZX-6r. It gives a nice POV type of shot. And don't worry about it coming off, or coming off at speeds. So far it hasn't, and I am not concerned it will.

I have a second clamp like attachment near the rear of the bike (on a rear foot peg) to provide a different perspective. Its a nice change every once in a while. But you have to stop to change the mount. It might be better with two cameras running simultaneously.

Anything on the dash would be nice, as you could see the odometer/speedometer, but have yet to find the "right" spot for it. I"m uncomfortable with anything that may impede with steering, or even the thought of it, so I abandoned this idea a while back. But I"m still looking for a dash mount I"m comfortable with.

My advice tho, where ever you mount it, always use the white "plug" that comes with the GOPro. It will reduce vibration greatly and almost eliminate that annoying "click" you get in the recorded audio.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
evens is set up nice, as a back up for it falling off, use fishing wire around it and loop it around the mirror, just as a back up. nice thing about the fishing wire, you cant see it.

I've alternated between the GoPro and a ContourHD mounted on the right side of my helmet since last year, using their supplied mounts, and have never had an issue with either coming loose. I've ridden through rain, (light) snow, hot and cold weather, no issues to report.

I've alternated between the GoPro and a ContourHD mounted on the right side of my helmet since last year, using their supplied mounts, and have never had an issue with either coming loose. I've ridden through rain, (light) snow, hot and cold weather, no issues to report.

I mounted my contour to my helmet as well. It works really well, and the videos a little more interesting then if it's mounted to the bars or the tank

I mount my gopro to the left side of the helmet. Im wanting to get a suction mount so i can mount if to the gas tank or windshield though.

Not enough view angle.

I think it's not bad. My only issue is the tinted windscreen obscuring how beautiful the day is.

otherwise It's a good mix of:
-Forward view
-Engine Noise
-Low Wind noise (I used the open door for those vids)
-Stability
-Instrumentation view

Thanks everyone.

Off to the Gap at the end of this month so want to get it sorted.

looks like the left side of the helmet for now, makes sense as you can turn it on, on the move.

Cheers
Spike66

Thanks everyone.

Off to the Gap at the end of this month so want to get it sorted.

looks like the left side of the helmet for now, makes sense as you can turn it on, on the move.

Cheers
Spike66

i like the helmet mount idea, but videos can get pretty dizzy with a lot of shoulder checks.

i like the helmet mount idea, but videos can get pretty dizzy with a lot of shoulder checks.

Sure but it'll also look where you want it to look (Scenic view or a hot gal) rather then straight on or wherever you point it.

I like this angle. It's low, and I like how the wheel is visible. Mounted on a ram ball which is mounted to one of the pinch bolts that holds the front axle.
[video=youtube;Wu4KrVHEIHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4KrVHEIHc&hd=1[/video]

Last edited:
That's awesome! any idea where to get that mount?

It's this ball -->
and this arm -->
And this camera mount -->
with the go-pro tripod adapter -->

All mounted like this:

mount1i.jpg

mount2p.jpg

mount3z.jpg

mount4g.jpg

mount5z.jpg

Last edited:
Can't you also just add an adhesive mount to the front wheel mud flap or whatever its called and then add an arm extension.

Back
Top Bottom