Where Do You Scrap Old Bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where Do You Scrap Old Bikes?

Dilligaf0220

Site Supporter
I've got a 25yr old Ninja with 196k on the odo. Everybody with a tow truck will give you $100 for any beat up grocery getter cage, but where & who do you call to scrap a bike that has been ridden harder than a Hamilton crack ho?

A nearby Cycle Salvage place?

Something different ... perhaps call one of the local colleges that have a bike mechanics course and ask if they would like a donation of a bike to the program ?

Something different ... perhaps call one of the local colleges that have a bike mechanics course and ask if they would like a donation of a bike to the program ?

the local college is Centennial in Scarborough. Ever been in their workshop?? Last time I was there they had a ****ing Rossi limited edition R1 and a whole bunch of other ****, they're not going to be interested in some 25 year old 200k km beater.

the local college is Centennial in Scarborough. Ever been in their workshop?? Last time I was there they had a ****ing Rossi limited edition R1 and a whole bunch of other ****, they're not going to be interested in some 25 year old 200k km beater.

Did not know they had that. Thought they would like to work on an old bike.

Give it a week on craigslist, kijiji and autotrader as a parts bike.
Charge a minimal fee, but remember you are trying to unload it more than sell it.

can you tell us what is wrong with it ? Maybe you can post it on here for $100 bucks and someone will want to tinker... I know some people who just LOVE to tinker with ****...

Did not know they had that. Thought they would like to work on an old bike.

nope not at all...As a college you don't want to be teaching your students on products/equipment that is obsolete especially when they'll probably never come across it in the real world. Oldest thing I saw was a Rebel 250, they use them to teach valve adjustments in the part time evening classes but even that's kind of pointless because most bikes now are using shim under bucket valves.

Last edited:
Haters gonna hate.

I was hoping to turn the clock over a 2nd time, then give it a proper Viking funeral. Basically it pretty much needs everything except a clutch. Right now the main ignition wire has cracked & shorted where a hose clamp was holding on the fairing after I hit my 2nd turkey....

I suppose the full Kerker system is worth some money, but it only fits 90-92 ZX6D's, and how many of those are out there?

list it for like 800 I guarantee someone will at least offer you something more than 100

Tell me more. I might be interested. I had semi thought of picking up a old ninja a few weeks ago.

Send me a pic. Offer probably be dependent on size and condition.

Last edited:
If you can drive it to a scrapyard that takes cars, they'll take bikes. Take the ownership, park on the scale, go in and sign over the ownership and they'll give you whatever it's worth based on it's weight...head home.

+1 for Peterborough Cycle Salvage. Always nice to support small businesses. They are also the only place I know with an ATV/Sled test track in the back!

Well if anyone wants to come to Hamilton and pick it up, first $100 takes it. If anyone has a ZXD it would be worth it just for the exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom