Where do you keep your riding jackets? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you keep your riding jackets?

I bought my first bike this September so I missed out on the hot and humid weather this season. As a newb, I’ve been told time and time again that leather jackets are best (for protection) which is why I bought one. I just can’t see myself keeping it on for those hot sticky days.

Same here, bought my first bike in Sept as well and it's been nice cool weather since. And yes we were taught in school to always wear leathers and full gear. But.. when i was at the rider school in August is was BRUTAL in the 30+ heat with all that on.. i just cannot imagine myself wearing all that stuff when next summer rolls around. Gonna look for a light textile or denim jacket with protection. But like you said, what do you do with that stuff if you want to go hiking or somewhere out and don't have saddle bags or anything?

Assuming I'm not at work or home, I generally leave it on. If its REALLY hot out, I will either carry it if I'm walking away from the bike, or throw it on the handle bars if I'm always in sight of it. Helmet I always lock up, never leave it on my handle bars.

Looking at the inside of my helmet I wonder how I can stand to put it on, let alone some idiot who takes it off your bike - of course a thief is a thief and the end use is not normally the reason for taking.

Cable lock through the jacket and helmet. Gloves in my backpack (since I always ride with at least a small backpack for random items). Cable locks are at risk of being cut but I consider it a small risk and worth the reward of not carrying around all your stuff in the summer.

I wouldn't trust a cable lock in down town Toronto. Thieves can get through bike locks in seconds and even faster on those cable locks and you bike gear is prob worth more then bicycles that get stolen. It's sheer luck that no one has tried to cut yours yet.

I wouldn't trust a cable lock in down town Toronto. Thieves can get through bike locks in seconds and even faster on those cable locks and you bike gear is prob worth more then bicycles that get stolen. It's sheer luck that no one has tried to cut yours yet.

Totally. For me it's worth the risk of getting your jacket nicked for all the times of not having to carry it with you. Though I don't commute; if I commuted I'd just bring the gear with me to my destination.

Oh, I didn't realize that you were his Mommy. Go motorcycle Mommas go!

_MG_3602.JPG

for longer trips where I know I'll be off the bike and it's not jacket weather, I have givi side cases. crap goes in, locks up. no issues thus far.

also have a small cable lock for the helmet so I can leave it on the bike. I usually take the helmet with me though as the tinting transition visor was more than the damn helmet and if some jerk tagged it I'd be upset...

I heart drunk posts

Does Daddy run alongside and hold your hand while you ride too? ;)

I keep my jackets in the closet.

Since my jacket says "Baggsy" across the back, I think most people would be embarrassed to be found wearing it in public, accordingly I might leave it lying across the bike.

Last edited:
If it's work, I put it in my locker. If I'm out for a day ride and I stop somewhere, I just wear it or take it in with me. I mean, who doesn't want to look all bad-*** walking in somewhere?

agreed

Gear on, helmet in hand... Chicks be flocking... lol

cheers

rob

Back
Top Bottom