Where did you ride today? - New rider version | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

Jinniwind

Site Supporter
Crusing/Tour sub forum has a nice thread called "Where did you ride today?" I thought it would be a good idea for newbies to have a similar post, with pics (optional), so that we can give each other ideas of places to explore and also encourage each other to ride/practice more.

It's kinda hard for newbies to pick places because some of us don't have M2 yet and can't ride on highway or at night, which means it's hard to join a lot of meet up events on this forum. Also, it's recomended to ride around 1000km alone before joining group rides, which means the journey could get boring. If you have hard time to pick a place to ride to or need a bit of incentive, give me a shout and let's pick an ice cream place, a cafe shop or a restaurant with "newbie friendly routes/locations" to meet up, and post pics here to mark our journey! lol!

Here's some pics of my "ride for ice cream - a newbie's lonely journey of practice" lol!

So, where did you ride today? ;)

My ride for ice cream #1:
July 15th: Old Firehall Confectionery - location: Unionville - ice cream: Banana boat
unionville.jpg

Last edited:
My ride for ice cream #2:
July 16th: Hollywood Gelato (award winning gelato shop) - location: Bayview & Eglington - ice cream: pistachio & cappuccino gelato with waffle cone

bayview&eglington.jpgbayview&eglington1.jpg

Around the block and a bit with my new vest to test it out after work :p Jane and Trethewey!

Traffic sucks during the work day. I'm down there 3ish times a week for work.

it depends on the time in the morning its not bad till like 3 pm its good and after 6:30-7 its not bad. im actually gonna go riding at commisioner st through queensquay and lakeshore if u wanna join this weekend.

How's the traffic down there? You are brave! I'm thinking maybe I should ride to dt this weekend...

I rode to Leslie & Finch for dinner today lol! Not too far but it still counts and I'm just happy whenever I'm on my bike.

One sad thing that I just found out today is that when it's in a complete stop, occasionally it's hard to find the 1st gear and neutral. I paniced a little cuz it happened twice today, for the first time.

Hard to find first?

All the way down :p

Just kidding, yeah sometimes I will be in neutral, but my light isn't on (probably between 1st and neutral I guess?) and when I let out the clutch and giver gas I just sit there revving :lmao:

Hard to find first?

All the way down :p

Just kidding, yeah sometimes I will be in neutral, but my light isn't on (probably between 1st and neutral I guess?) and when I let out the clutch and giver gas I just sit there revving :lmao:

Haha ya i was tapping all the way down, but the feeling was different from downshifting to 1st in motion. It felt like i still had room to go, but no gear was changed when i continued.

Haha ya i was tapping all the way down, but the feeling was different from downshifting to
1st in motion. It felt like i still had room to go, but no gear was changed when i continued.

What I find really works well for me (on the CBR125 and now the CBR250) is if I'm in neutral and it doesn't want to kick into first gear, just release the clutch a little bit and then it'll drop into gear nicely. Or just rev it a little with the clutch in and that also worked.

What I find really works well for me (on the CBR125 and now the CBR250) is if I'm in neutral and it doesn't want to kick into first gear, just release the clutch a little bit and then it'll drop into gear nicely. Or just rev it a little with the clutch in and that also worked.

Thanks for the tips! It was embarrassing yesterday that it took me good a few minutes fixing it...

I rode to Leslie & Finch for dinner today lol! Not too far but it still counts and I'm just happy whenever I'm on my bike.

One sad thing that I just found out today is that when it's in a complete stop, occasionally it's hard to find the 1st gear and neutral. I paniced a little cuz it happened twice today, for the first time.

Congee Queen? :p

You may want to have that clutch and gearbox checked. In comparison to the CBR125's @ RTI, I have had no issues finding 1st or Neutral on the Ninja. Perhaps an adjustment to the cable is required.

downtown 3-5 up bathrust oh man the traffic is crazy... hard to drive during rush hour and up hill is the worst part. when i get out of my parking lot there is this hill ramp and my gate closes fast that i get stuck up there and try to go but a friend of me told me to put my legs on the rear break not the front as that what i was doing and give it a throttle to go ... ya same thing happened i would shift down to first but it gets stuck so what i do i let the clutch go a bit and then tap it hard again and go i panic too especially today on red lights when it turns green. i def stalled a couple of times today which is my first to stall this much on a ride lol
but it was good ride but stressing :p

You may want to have that clutch and gearbox checked. In comparison to the CBR125's @ RTI, I have had no issues finding 1st or Neutral on the Ninja. Perhaps an adjustment to the cable is required.

Ya i was told that i should let go the clutch a bit and then try again. If it doesnt work next time, knocking on the wood, i will have it checked out for sure.

Back
Top Bottom