Where did you ride today? - New rider version | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

Hey, I'm new to the board and a brand new rider. Got my ninja 250 on Friday and finally took it out yesterday. Parking lot runs with a friend coaching me and rode it home. Got up early today and rode around the block a few times. Ventured on King St. But the tracks freaked me out a bit so stuck to the side roads ... Felt good!! :p

Took my new Ninja 300 from markham to stouffville and back. First time hitting highway speeds. The manual says to keep it under 4k rpm for the first 800 kms but that's impossible, it's at 7k rpm in order to maintain 80+ km/h. Also passed by a lot of other bikers, mostly cruisers, most of them waved to me (I thought cruiser guys were too cool to wave to us?)

Picked up bike from shop on Friday from Burlington and rode home to Caledonia 4C (feels like 0C) is frigging cold, I don't know how some of you do it. Halfway home I couldn't feel my fingers :/

I rode to College/Bay on my CBR125 to register my M2 finally (waited 4 hours for my turn).

On my way back an old lady on bicycle yelled "HEY!" at me. I turn and looked at her, and she asked if the motorcycle I was riding was CBR125? I nodded to indicate it was a yes.

And this lady replied back "That is awesome! Sweet bike!". She turns and look at a dude on a scooter, and said "That's looks way more cooler than your scooter!".

That made my day ahaha! Good times rolling in :)

NO WHERE...BRAnd NEW NINJA 300 SITTING at home since friday....at 4k
I'm in 6th gear going 50 kmph...it's going to be a touch 800 kms

Rode to Rouge Park up in Meadowvale with the r6, stalled it a couple times lol. The road is pretty quiet and not a lot of traffic but otherwise it was a nice ride.

P.S. I dropped the bike coming to a full stop. I was driving with a friend and he was leading and I realized my mistake... followed to closely and I wasn't looking ahead.. just minor damage though (thank god for frame sliders).

Lesson learned :)

I just downloaded an app called mapmyride where I record all my rides. You can add your friends on facebook and see where they've ridden and like their routes, also they can tag you in routes if they mapped it and you forgot to. Technically it's a fitness app but it has "motorcycle ride" as an option for activities you're mapping.

As for routes, I've explored south and southwest of Guelph, north and northeast of guelph, taken the 7 over to Waterloo. Mainly done loops but I like having a destination rather than just going round in circles. Anyone have any suggestions for interesting eateries, shops, conservation areas, sunset viewing spots in the KW/Guelph area?

I just downloaded an app called mapmyride where I record all my rides. You can add your friends on facebook and see where they've ridden and like their routes, also they can tag you in routes if they mapped it and you forgot to. Technically it's a fitness app but it has "motorcycle ride" as an option for activities you're mapping.

As for routes, I've explored south and southwest of Guelph, north and northeast of guelph, taken the 7 over to Waterloo. Mainly done loops but I like having a destination rather than just going round in circles. Anyone have any suggestions for interesting eateries, shops, conservation areas, sunset viewing spots in the KW/Guelph area?

Guelph Damn
Covered Bridge

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I rode local to Cycle World Superstore on Sheppard for a key cut today. Super hot out there! Fun ride :)

Awesome idea for a thread. Just took for the second time a new to me route and felt like trying out the new to me 'used' gopro.

[video=youtube;VqINf5ptQIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqINf5ptQIw[/video]

Awesome idea for a thread. Just took for the second time a new to me route and felt like trying out the new to me 'used' gopro.

[video=youtube;VqINf5ptQIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqINf5ptQIw[/video]

I had to lol at the part where you showed the guy on the blue R6 blowing past you in your lane but taking the corner before the bridge at a snails pace haha. And great song choice, Brad Sucks is awesome. Shame not enough people listen to him.

I had to lol at the part where you showed the guy on the blue R6 blowing past you in your lane but taking the corner before the bridge at a snails pace haha. And great song choice, Brad Sucks is awesome. Shame not enough people listen to him.

Mawhahaha yea, did a few things while editing I thought would be amusing....probably helps if you were there though.
+1 Brad Sucks, doesn't matter what mood you're in when you're listening, always good.

Rode around Lake Simcoe up through Beaverton and Orillia, down through Barrie then back home to Markham. Saw probably 100+ cruisers (most of them waved) and maybe about 10 sport/touring bikes.

I usually ride with someone but did my first solo today. Rode north on Kennedy for a while, then west to 48 (Musselman's Lake), then south along Elgin Mills to enjoy the nice scenery. Quiet roads and nothin but the wind.

I usually ride with someone but did my first solo today. Rode north on Kennedy for a while, then west to 48 (Musselman's Lake), then south along Elgin Mills to enjoy the nice scenery. Quiet roads and nothin but the wind.

Elgin Mills doesn't go south....???

Good for you!

It's my second season but i still feel like im new, probably because i havent got to ride as much as last season.

I grabbed my first tag of this year yesterday. Wooohooo!!!

Back
Top Bottom