Where did you ride today? - New rider version | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

wow wow wow....rode alone?

Yep. It's amazing how time flies by when you are in "flow" on the highway. It did get a bit boring at times since the road is so straight and featureless. Stopped at a CrappyTire in Bellevile to buy some earplugs. That helped with wind noise though I couldn't get the damned things to seat properly. Stopped for an hour to visit parents near Prescott and did a couple of health breaks, but otherwise made pretty good time doing 120 to 130 all the way.

BTW I can recommend the North Face duffel strapped to the pillion seat as an alternative to motorcycle luggage. 70 litres and pretty much waterproof. Even strapped a suit bag on top of that (the Ogio suit duffel).

Yep. It's amazing how time flies by when you are in "flow" on the highway. It did get a bit boring at times since the road is so straight and featureless. Stopped at a CrappyTire in Bellevile to buy some earplugs. That helped with wind noise though I couldn't get the damned things to seat properly. Stopped for an hour to visit parents near Prescott and did a couple of health breaks, but otherwise made pretty good time doing 120 to 130 all the way.

BTW I can recommend the North Face duffel strapped to the pillion seat as an alternative to motorcycle luggage. 70 litres and pretty much waterproof. Even strapped a suit bag on top of that (the Ogio suit duffel).

i recommend some music for long solo ride...

I went for a great ride yesterday. North up Leslie street to Auroa across Bloomington and back down Warden to elgin mills to get back to leslie street and south and back into city. It was about 100kms round trip.

Hi folks,

My ride last night wasn't anywhere near as lengthy as most that I just read. However it was my very first time out on municipal roads (I took the sheridan course). I did a whoping 10k! And yes going 50 felt like the speed of light.

I just did a circle around the neighborhood, ended up at a buddy's place (who wasn't home) so I called another and ended up at the local tim hortons. Then when back home. I was completely comfortable on the bike and stalled it a few times at stop signs. But it was soooo awesome I am still charged!

Hopefully I can get in an hour or so in the morning.

Hi folks,

My ride last night wasn't anywhere near as lengthy as most that I just read. However it was my very first time out on municipal roads (I took the sheridan course). I did a whoping 10k! And yes going 50 felt like the speed of light.

I just did a circle around the neighborhood, ended up at a buddy's place (who wasn't home) so I called another and ended up at the local tim hortons. Then when back home. I was completely comfortable on the bike and stalled it a few times at stop signs. But it was soooo awesome I am still charged!

Cool, stay comfortable and safe. Just a few months ago I was stalling my bike on a regular basis :) The only time it was dangerous was after about two weeks of riding, I was hanging in the intersection at Bloor & Bay during rush hour to take a left when the finsl oncoming car completely blew the red. I got frustrated when I saw this was about to happen and reached for the horn and hit the left turn signal instead (I have a BMW with turn signals on each handle bar). This threw me, and as the car whizzed by I realized I needed to boot fast! Glug. Then embarrassed, I fumbled the starter not holding it down long enough and it was several seconds before she roared back to life.

After that I realized it was much more important to focus on my own ride and stay calm when the @$$#013$ do their thing.

The speed thing wears off. Just keep your eyes focused ahead and not down. Today I almost hit 150. Wasnt paying attention to my speedo!

Hi folks,

I felt exactly the same when i just started. :) still remember my very first solo out on the road like yesterday. I also did 10km round trip and avg 50 kph.

You will be surprised at how much better you will become in no time.

your bike will become second nature to you before you know it

stalling it will be the last concern!

Just came back. Same ride, except my buddy was home this time. I stretched out 2nd a little more a few times and it was awesome! 90 comes up on you fast was the lesson of the day lol.

And I only stalled it once.

Woo hoo!

Went to fork of the credit. There were cops at the end and i felt like i was kinda impacted by my buddy's crash that i witnessed yesterday so i did it with 10 to 20 plus on it. The u turn is insane and all the riders who have done it fast are CRAZY lol!!!

Edit: haha my bad. It wasnt a u turn. Yes its the hair pin...

Last edited:
Went to fork of the credit. There were cops at the end and i felt like i was kinda impacted by my buddy's crash that i witnessed yesterday so i did it with 10 to 20 plus on it. The u turn is insane and all the riders who have done it fast are CRAZY lol!!!

what are you talking about?
which u turn?

Went on a 3 hour ride with some litrebikes around burlington and milton, took North Service around and to Snake Road, and sideroad 15. Great time!!

Went on a 3 hour ride with some litrebikes around burlington and milton, took North Service around and to Snake Road, and sideroad 15. Great time!!

Sideroad15? We went to river road on saturday. Awesome road. Rmbr there's an intersection with side road 15

Back
Top Bottom