where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

The CBR300 could nip last year against the CSBK Ninja300 but with built 300s and R3 bikes it is no longer nip potential.

yeah, it would be more than just difficult to ride against a good lwt bike. Maybe nipping at the ankles would have to occur towards the back of the pack lol.

for the money it would make a decent bike for getting your teeth cut racing - or for td's.

ad appears to be gone from kijiji now.

still pains me - to have seen your well set up sv650 package available last year selling for about the same price as this cbr300r. WAS an awesome deal...

yeah, it would be more than just difficult to ride against a good lwt bike. Maybe nipping at the ankles would have to occur towards the back of the pack lol.

for the money it would make a decent bike for getting your teeth cut racing - or for td's.

ad appears to be gone from kijiji now.

still pains me - to have seen your well set up sv650 package available last year selling for about the same price as this cbr300r. WAS an awesome deal...

Yes.

Both my SV bikes sold south of the border.

It was nice to see them return and race at SMP this summer.

Last edited:
Seems way to expensive for a 10 yr old track bike but has some nice bits offer 5?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's about 5500-6000 in parts on it.
7500 is too much, especially at end of season.

I would say 5800-6000 is a fair price

If your buying a bike for track days only the "best buy" works. But if you are going to go racing the "the best buy" bike approach is the wrong way of looking at this. Start with what your goals are and what your budget is. Buying an older 600 that will eat tires, has lots of "tweaked" bits from crashing and needs a lot of suspension work is a bad idea for a novice or average level racer. You will max out your credit card and run in like 11th place in a very competitive class (if you are lucky). Pick a class to race first. Find one that has limited entries and buy the best bike for that class. Learn to race in a class that won't eat you up and spit you out. Remember...every MotoGP, WSB or even national superbike racer started out on small bikes very early and worked their way up. Jordan Szoke started on an underpowered air cooled 250cc street bike.

If he let her go for ur asking price it is very tempting to grab this r6. Im pretty sure by Thursday the bike will be gone!

My R6 is still for sale.
Will drop price for gtam member and can also keep in storage for you till spring if you wish.

He says there is someone coming to look at it tomorrow for 2.5k. If he flakes out, I'm pretty sure I could get it for 2

buying someone else's headache is always a great idea, especially when they know exactly how to fix it but aren't willing to for some reason.

good luck

He says there is someone coming to look at it tomorrow for 2.5k. If he flakes out, I'm pretty sure I could get it for 2

Seems you are looking for a cheap R6. You can probably get some $ off the asking for this one but not down to the price you are trying to get for that other R6 (2-2.5K) But this one looked like a pretty clean well taken care of bike when I went and saw it. He also had a 2009 ZX-6R which is what I was interested in and bought.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1392673844

IMO he doesn't do that great of a job with the ad as he is missing Ohlins rear shock, brand name rearsets (I think they were Vortex), Ohlins springs in stock front forks. I think sprung for 200lb rider. It was only converted to track recently (last year I believe) and only saw the track twice so most of the 15,000km is street. Full exhaust system with PC V.

For me (track bike) the suspension is usually the first thing I look at as I know at 235lb I need to get it worked on and its usually easier if I start with aftermarket base. If you need to do the same starting with a $2500 bike that needs race fairings, suspension etc you are up to $5000 pretty quick anyhow.

Jeff

Seems you are looking for a cheap R6. You can probably get some $ off the asking for this one but not down to the price you are trying to get for that other R6 (2-2.5K) But this one looked like a pretty clean well taken care of bike when I went and saw it. He also had a 2009 ZX-6R which is what I was interested in and bought.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1392673844

IMO he doesn't do that great of a job with the ad as he is missing Ohlins rear shock, brand name rearsets (I think they were Vortex), Ohlins springs in stock front forks. I think sprung for 200lb rider. It was only converted to track recently (last year I believe) and only saw the track twice so most of the 15,000km is street. Full exhaust system with PC V.

For me (track bike) the suspension is usually the first thing I look at as I know at 235lb I need to get it worked on and its usually easier if I start with aftermarket base. If you need to do the same starting with a $2500 bike that needs race fairings, suspension etc you are up to $5000 pretty quick anyhow.

Jeff

So which one did you buy? The r6 that seby posted or the zx6r? Because the one you attached above it is another r6 trck bike:rolleyes:

So which one did you buy? The r6 that seby posted or the zx6r? Because the one you attached above it is another r6 trck bike:rolleyes:

What I was saying was that if looking for an R6 the one I linked to was well kept etc and isn't starting with a road bike to build for the track. But will definitely not be as cheap as $2000-2500

I bought a 2009 ZX-6R from the same guy that has the R6 I posted.

Jeff

buying someone else's headache is always a great idea, especially when they know exactly how to fix it but aren't willing to for some reason.

good luck

Well if I were able to snag it for 2, I wouldn't say no. I don't mind having to take apart the motor and do the valves. I did it on mine and it wasn't too bad. I figure I'd put about another $1000 into it; about $500 for 520 chain/sprockets, 200 for midpipe (I'll cut up the stock exhaust and decat), 200 for quickshifter and another 100 for an ECU tune. Plus it has 20,000 kms less than my R6 so having it as a B bike would be nice. I'm also looking at picking up a TTX GP soon so we'll see how the budget goes :D

Back
Top Bottom