when does the salt start? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does the salt start?

Oh the horrors. :D

FWIW, remote start and standard are often not a friendly combination. It can be done with gimmickery or blind faith to ensure it is in neutral but when I looked years ago, there wasn't a great solution.
A coworker many years ago put his Pontiac in the family room with his remote starter.

That's where you are supposed to keep motorcycles. I hate cleaning ice off the windshield but not enough to leave my bikes outside. And before you suggest I need a bigger garage let me just say I'd buy more bikes before the car went in.
He has a decent sized barn. Not a bad place for bikes in winter.

@mimico_polak if you are serious about remote start, make sure you look at VW specific solutions. Most starters require you to leave a key permanently in the car. IIRC, at least one manufacturer sells a starter that doesn't need a key.
Nah. If it’s that bad I can just fire the car up and shovel snow while it heats up.

Still need cameras on the car and working on getting a roof rack and hitch as a priority before remote start even enters the picture.

There was a guy doing stereos and remote starts across the parking lot from us in London a few years back. He was busy. Said he could do manuals now with no worries.

It is pretty crazy how good modern tires are...just got back from a ride, even with these temps, get some heat in the them and im certain I can scrape pegs if the roads are twisty enough.

Brrr....cold as hell this morning here in Mississauga. Frost around. Guess it's time to go find my snow brush as the cars were all frosted.
Don't scare people 🥲

I could still drive.

But yes, riding in 1°C was fun. Big thanks to the big ass windscreen I have.

Last edited:
That's where you are supposed to keep motorcycles. I hate cleaning ice off the windshield but not enough to leave my bikes outside. And before you suggest I need a bigger garage let me just say I'd buy more bikes before the car went in.
I really hate taking the time to clear ice and snow off my car in the winter and unnecessarily idling the car makes no sense to me. As a result it's very important for me to be able to fit both my bike and car in the garage. Our last townhouse only had a single car garage, but there was still space for my car (a Mazda Tribute at the time) and the bike across the back wall. Our current house has a 1.5 car garage and is the perfect size for my car, bike., work bench and snowblower. All you need is some organization and the things that should be in the garage will fit. It continues to amaze me how so many people have so much stuff in their garage that they can barely walk through, let alone get their car in there.

It is pretty crazy how good modern tires are...just got back from a ride, even with these temps, get some heat in the them and im certain I can scrape pegs if the roads are twisty enough.
I also went for a little ride yesterday afternoon because of the lengthy frost delay at the golf course. Beautiful day to ride and no issues with traction.

IMG_1497.jpg

I really hate taking the time to clear ice and snow off my car in the winter and unnecessarily idling the car makes no sense to me. As a result it's very important for me to be able to fit both my bike and car in the garage. Our last townhouse only had a single car garage, but there was still space for my car (a Mazda Tribute at the time) and the bike across the back wall. Our current house has a 1.5 car garage and is the perfect size for my car, bike., work bench and snowblower. All you need is some organization and the things that should be in the garage will fit. It continues to amaze me how so many people have so much stuff in their garage that they can barely walk through, let alone get their car in there.
I have 5 bikes, a sled, a snowblower and room for working on my latest project (along with misc parts bike and parts). If you pop over for a beer I could even offer you a stool. Everything that SHOULD be in my garage fits.

I’m slowly making space in the garage for a car and bike right now. Don’t want to leave the bike in the shed…although I have no reason not to as space is plenty nowadays.

GTI and bike will fit 100% if I get organized. Odyssey and bike may fit it I toss out the rear shelving as the main issue is length, not width.

2 cars…would fit if i toss out everything.

Only issue with GTI is when I start it up, will wake up the girls as their bedroom is above the garage.

It's standard, just roll it out and bump start it before you hit the street.
So just park on the ramps inside the garage? The WRX would wake up the family from outside mid-way down the driveway.

This.

I have a three car garage. I keep my six motorcycles, three tool chests, and lift table in the garage. Naturally, the truck stays outside year round, because I have boundaries and self-respect.

and minimal self-control.

Back
Top Bottom