when does a 2114 speeding ticket come off insurance if it was a 'racing ' ticket 124 in a 60 (empty road..crooked cop...doesn't matter tho_ | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

when does a 2114 speeding ticket come off insurance if it was a 'racing ' ticket 124 in a 60 (empty road..crooked cop...doesn't matter tho_

As we seem to have a new member who doesn't understand the purpose of this sub-forum and some old members are slipping, I will once again advise that people read the rules for posting here.

It would also be wise for new members to peruse the overall forum rules. We try not to be draconian in their application, however, repeatedly running afoul of them will certainly result in a permanent banning.

OP, you can't change your history, and it doesn't matter how far back they can SEE - all that matters is how far back they CARE. So when they ask you about convictions, suspensions, and claims, ask them to clarify how far back they want you to report. Then do the same with as many brokers/agents/direct insurers as you can to find the best rate.

OP, you can't change your history, and it doesn't matter how far back they can SEE - all that matters is how far back they CARE. So when they ask you about convictions, suspensions, and claims, ask them to clarify how far back they want you to report. Then do the same with as many brokers/agents/direct insurers as you can to find the best rate.

This.

And then ask them to verify if there's anything you forgot.

Long ago I had a 10 over speeding ticket I'd honestly forgot about but came into play because of an insurance company change. I declared what I knew about (I'd had something else as well around then, I forget exactly) and then openly asked them to check my abstract to check if there was anything I'd missed. There was. They were OK with it because I was upfront about it.

Anyhow, sounds like you know this isn't the case for you personally, but just saying for others who may be reading.

from my experience switching insurance, they only care about the last 3 years. i have a speeding charge back in june 2018 (doing 84 on lakeshore lol) but im about to switch to a new one in july this year, and their online form wouldnt even let me go back to june 2018 to add a charge.

Ontario driver's abstract goes back 3 years - https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-driving-record?_ga=1.233483806.12892583.1458780825

I have to ask, why 'crooked cop' ? Getting tagged 124 in a 60 is no small matter, in hindsight you maybe should have got a lawyer ?
3 years is the public abstract, but insurance can and usually go back 7 years for collisions, major charges (stunt, careless, impaired). Might be moot anyway; with the gap in coverage it will likely be at the highest new rider rate.

Sorry OP - hoping you get this all sorted out.

Sucks that you had a cop tag you for something like this on an empty/isolated road : (

I always wonder why the F insurers ask you questions like when did you get your G, M1 etc etc.
Heck - I dont even remember what I had for dinner yesterday and you expect me to remember all that crap?!?!
ty, been a memener for ages but lost login info as i had little need for the forum recently/ didn't want u losing sleep but ty

from my experience switching insurance, they only care about the last 3 years. i have a speeding charge back in june 2018 (doing 84 on lakeshore lol) but im about to switch to a new one in july this year, and their online form wouldnt even let me go back to june 2018 to add a charge.
tyvm, which site was that?

Any dentist I know wouldn't have to be concerned what his bike insurance costs...
i am am a horrible dentist, though few of our multitude self identify as such

Here is an outrageous suggestion. Decide which bike(s), and year(s), suit what your looking for, then call a broker to get a quote on it. IE can I get a quote for a 2014 cbr500. The quote won't be binding, but at least you will know based on the info you provide to the broker of your looking at $750 per year or $5,000 per year. Then go look at the bike your likely to buy, while there get the VIN, call broker back they can give you the EXACT premium.

Here is an outrageous suggestion. Decide which bike(s), and year(s), suit what your looking for, then call a broker to get a quote on it. IE can I get a quote for a 2014 cbr500. The quote won't be binding, but at least you will know based on the info you provide to the broker of your looking at $750 per year or $5,000 per year. Then go look at the bike your likely to buy, while there get the VIN, call broker back they can give you the EXACT premium.
Some brokers need a vin to get you anything. Not sure if they are incapable of thought or bored of running tons of numbers that dont turn into policies.

Some brokers need a vin to get you anything. Not sure if they are incapable of thought or bored of running tons of numbers that dont turn into policies.
The latter. They are fully capable of quoting based on make, model, year, and style of bike.

Back
Top Bottom