Wheelie question... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wheelie question...

OH! Honestly didnt know that other bikes read speed from...? Engine?

And no. I dont stunt. I also dont hate..but find the idea of Stunting being "an industry" kinda comical.

Johnny is going to ream me out now....bending over....

BUT...those GSXR forks would look awefully nice on my SV...so when you wreck your new bike so you can play with the cool kids, just remember to contact me if they are not tweaked...which the probably will be sadly. No one lowsides their GSXR's anymore....cause they are stuntin....

In my original post I referred to stunting as "a side of the industry"... aka the industry being motorcycling/sportbikes...I think people that are involved in stunting on a legit level deserve that respect.... but whatever...

Johnny.. I appreciate the support and the info...

I don't think everyone that's involved in stunting is a 16 year old kid trying to show off. 90% of the most serious racers in the world lift the front wheel while crossing the finish line of a race. I personally just want to feel confident in bike control to be able to safely lift and control wheelies when I want which is why I have been making inquiries...

I was more "la teee daaa" laughing man. But you are right. It's your bike. And your neck. And johnny is a big fan of not being a total jackass on the road. So if that is what you are thinking, than fill your boots up. Its when you take it to the streets and behave LIKE a 16 year old squid that you loose me, and i think you are all punks.

Toughie hu?

In my original post I referred to stunting as "a side of the industry"... aka the industry being motorcycling/sportbikes...I think people that are involved in stunting on a legit level deserve that respect.... but whatever...

I don't think everyone that's involved in stunting is a 16 year old kid trying to show off. 90% of the most serious racers in the world lift the front wheel while crossing the finish line of a race. I personally just want to feel confident in bike control to be able to safely lift and control wheelies when I want which is why I have been making inquiries...

Different strokes for different folks right....I know where your coming from, I started riding when I was 18. I did my first wheelie in my first season, and Im now 30 and still doing them. I dont care if some people think its stupid, to me and most of the people I ride with its just FUN...Thats why we do it....

Its not too popular here yet, but anyone that thinks stunting isnt part of the motorcycle industry is wrong..Maybe not so much here but in the US and Europe its blowing up....Factory sponsored riders, comps, TV shows, companies building stunt parts, gear companies sponsoring stunt riders and making stunt specific products, etc etc etc. Hell flip open a parts canada catalogue and you can order a crash cage or 12 bar. And stunt riders are being used in the ads. That all makes it part of the motorcycle industry to me

If you like wheelies, this is the right place to ask about them

I just wanna add for the OP, also make sure when ever you do wheelies your rear tire is always warm, otherwise it won't catch properly just skid, or both which can be bad.

JohnnyP636:

I kinda liked what you said in your last post, i agree with you.... why is it that since its a motorcycle its not to be used in a sporting stunting manner. For example cars, why is it okay to have legal drifting, racing and such events? i mean who buys a Pontiac GTO just to do 40 miles an hour? their heritage was built on racing "and street racing at that" thats what made muslce cars and the big three tones of money...people using their cars to fool around in and have fun, they have built history on those factors, so why is it when someone buys a Super sport bike or a Supermoto they are punks for doing what they do if they do it?

I see 3 kinds of people who get cool bikes or cars:

1: The type who just want to show off their money
2: The guys who want to be cool in other peoples eyes and get chicks and show off!
3: The real enthusiasts who ride for hours and hours and can't get enough of the engine revs the exhaust tone, the tricks they can pull and just seeing how far their skills can go, and then improve them further, and then few hours later eat dinner and want to go out just cruising 4am for just because they can't get enough!

At the end of the day, wether people like it or not a stunt rider will ALWAYS have a better chance surviving a crash incedent in a normal traffic day or on the road while normal riding then people who have never even pushed their bike over half its limit. Im not saying to go out in traffic or public filled lots with so many people and no space and pop wheelies and stuff, but practice where there is no one and away from public, and if once in a while if a rider finds that space and safe spot while riding, why not, just make sure you are not going to damage anything else other then your bike if you do crash, i think thats a responsible risk, at the end of the day, no matter what people say or do, there will always be those people who like playing it to edge and those who value 9-5 life style too much to even go over the speed limit...just saying! im no stunter, but i can relate!

That is hilarious. LOL.

to go out just cruising 4am for just because they can't get enough!

At the end of the day, wether people like it or not a stunt rider will ALWAYS have a better chance surviving a crash incedent in a normal traffic day or on the road while normal riding then people who have never even pushed their bike over half its limit. Im not saying to go out in traffic or public filled lots with so many people and no space and pop wheelies and stuff, but practice where there is no one and away from public, and if once in a while if a rider finds that space and safe spot while riding, why not, just make sure you are not going to damage anything else other then your bike if you do crash, i think thats a responsible risk, at the end of the day, no matter what people say or do, there will always be those people who like playing it to edge and those who value 9-5 life style too much to even go over the speed limit...just saying! im no stunter, but i can relate!

Doing wheelies is not taking the bike to it's limit.....there are plenty of people that can do a wheelie but can't do alot of other things well.

You missed the entire point! it shows! when you just pull half of what i said out of context.

For future reference, when you are trying to prove someone wrong, try to specify what you're trying to say rather then "can't do alot of other stuff" what stuff?

Its funny how many of the famous racers you watch on t.v, were all stunters, street racers and hooligans! & theres a reason they are the best riders! ... my point was not if you can pop a wheelie you know everything about riding, but actually if you're the type to push the limits of the bike your are more likely to.

Hi,
I'm in the wrong place for this question, sorta, but i just bought a 2011 Ninja 400. I'm not looking at wheelies any time soonj being that i'm a new rider, however i'm wondering if on this specific bike can i change the gearing as well to give it a little bit more off the line as you suggested?
next question... is silly because i've seen a 250 do a wheelie, but would this 400 get up on a wheelie pretty easily?
3rd question, if my bike is identicle to the 600ninja with the exception of a smaller bore and stroke, is it conceivable that in the future i bore it out and essentially make it a 600cc?
Thank you

Noticed the bike in question.. 2010 GSXR 600 go figure.

I can pop the clutch and get a wheelie going on my GT250R. Would a change in my gearing make a power wheelie possible? Also, it tops off at 170iskm/h I don't wanna reduce it to less than 150, would that be possible as well?

Hi,
I'm in the wrong place for this question, sorta, but i just bought a 2011 Ninja 400. I'm not looking at wheelies any time soonj being that i'm a new rider, however i'm wondering if on this specific bike can i change the gearing as well to give it a little bit more off the line as you suggested?
next question... is silly because i've seen a 250 do a wheelie, but would this 400 get up on a wheelie pretty easily?
3rd question, if my bike is identicle to the 600ninja with the exception of a smaller bore and stroke, is it conceivable that in the future i bore it out and essentially make it a 600cc?
Thank you

Don't bore out a 2011... Gearing changes should be available, google is your friend..

Don't bore out a 2011... Gearing changes should be available, google is your friend..

Bore out a 400 to a 600? The 400 is a twin. That means you need to add 100cc's to 2 200cc cylinders, a 33% increase.

Your speedo will be off

My speedo goes off the front wheel via a sensor. If I changed the sprockets on my bike, it would not affect my speedo reading at all.
It all depends on where the speedo gets its info from.

I'd have to say I'm a number 3; but a fairly inexperience number 3 and have tons to learn to improve my skills and enjoyment of riding. Stunting and getting good on a bike is a good thing just as it is in a car. Skidding and screwing around knowing what your bike can do is advantageous when those emergency situations arise. That's why for cars they offer things like skid school where they throw your car out of control and teach you how to react correctly and safely regain control of your vehicle. Knowing your vehicle can save your life. and people who are good stunters generally have a good sense of what they can safely do.

That being said there is certainly a time and place for doing that type of riding and during the day with lots of cars on the road isn't the right time for that and is why a lot of people crash or fall of their bikes.

mychasiw: yes you can pretty much do a wheelie on anything even a pocket bike or even a "cycle", its all about knowing your bike, and how to do a wheelie. but yea under 400cc you can do wheelies but you gotta pop the clutch, but then again on 50's and pocket bikes all you gotta do is shift weight pull and throttle.lol but yea you can get the 400 really easily up with enough practice, any experienced stunter could probably pop a wheelie easily on a 400. Whats hard is under 400cc range, like the 200's and 250's now those are hard, but still people do them, and those ppl have skills, those guys are the ones who started riding since they were 3-4. anythings possible though with enough practice.lol

Back
Top Bottom