What's you favourite road(s) or section of a road in Ontario? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's you favourite road(s) or section of a road in Ontario?

elephant lake rd just north of bancroft, short and sweet and has a soft spot in my heart because im always up there for camping/cotty
Since your post is so fresh, what condition are Elephant Rd. (and Peterson Rd.) in this month? Or anyone with recent riding there. Thanks.

I really think Bedford Rd/Desert Lake Road is a contender for my favourite in the province...Otherwise, maybe Old Barry's Bay Road, Burnt Hills Rd or maybe 632 in Muskoka?

Roads that begin with 5xx

Old Barry's Bay Road
Kennisis Lake Road
Harburn Road
Ahmic Lake Road
McDougall/Hurdville Road

Because I also like messy roads...
Southwood Road
Bobcaygeon Road
Kushog Lake Road
Watts Trail/Road
I'll second those roads, and add

Deep bay rd
Centennial Lake Rd
Elephant Lake rd
144, Chelmsford to Mattagami
556/129, Soo to Thessalon
560 from Englehart to 144

A couple of dirty roads I won't pass up if I have the time. If you have an ADV, theese roads were made just for you. If you own an ADV and these roads scare you , fill in the blanks: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
66/655 Kenogami to Timmins
Portelance Rd, Capreol to Shining Tree

Roads to Cayuga
Following my gps to Cayuga Motorsport (had a great time btw - thankyou) for my first track day of the year , I though what a lovely ride this would be. Highway 403 in Hamilton to Hwy 6 South. Going through downtown Caledonia (Timmy's) , taking Hwy 54 to York and then River Road to Cayuga (Timmys)

Heads Up Hamilton Hwy 403 . If you are new to highway riding or new to area. The Hwy 403 In Hamilton (Alexander Graham Bell Hwy) has more turns and elevation than a MotoGP track, nothing like the upper part of the 403 (Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga)- Truly a Jekyll and Hyde Hwy!

Fraserburg Rd 14
Falkenburg Rd 47

Looking on google maps, I see another road in that area I never noticed before, called hwy 15. Any chance you've been on it, is it paved?

I thinks that's a dirt road.

Looking on google maps, I see another road in that area I never noticed before, called hwy 15. Any chance you've been on it, is it paved?

I’ve been on that road more times than I can remember. There is a great place to rent a cabin or pitch a tent called Riverbank Cottages and Trailer Park that is just on the other side of Grace Lake. It would be a great launching pad for an overnighter or for a weekend meet up. Trailers, RIVERBANK COTTAGES & TRAILER PARK Home

When we stay up there, my wife rides #15 (Burleigh Rd) on her triathlon bike for training. It’s also the road that connects to Kennaway Road, where the abandoned streetcar is. Kenneway Road is hardpacked gravel.

#15 is paved, but you have to be careful on it, since the sand in the corners up there stays very late into the season. It’s seldom used since it essentially becomes a dead end around 15km in. There is a private logging road that leads over to Elephant Lake Rd, but there is a big gate blocking access for most normal sized bikes. I’ve been on #15 mid summer before and still found a fair bit of sand in the corners. It also has several very blind corners, so be mindful of your speed. There are a lot of bumps and frost heaves, some in mid-corner as well. There is no scenery to speak of since the road is lined with trees the entire length.

I’ll still ride it if I want to get over to Kenneway Rd or if I have extra time to do an out n back.

Falkenburg is a nice road, there a few other in Muskoka that haven't been mentioned yet....they should stay that way as well ;)
Good point! Anyone reading this thread please disregard my post, there's bears and wolves that specifically feed on motorcyclists that frequent those areas.😶‍🌫️

Good enough to go have fun on.
I rode up there on the 16th. Good times as touring routes – not as sporty as I'd been led to think from all the press they get. Great weather, and the surfaces were better than average. e.g. on the way there I rode Lower Faraday Rd which I would call more sporty. Lower Faraday Rd. is mostly back to how it was before they tore it up. I wouldn't call it improved by much. The municipality's objective was repairing shoulders and drainage, not resurfacing.

I went on Kennaway Rd today and rode it for its entire length and never saw the steetcar. Is it supposed to be visible from the road?

I also tried Sumcot rd, entered it from Elephant Lake Rd and got a few kms in then got to a gate that said private property no trespassing so I turned around.

There's also a fun series of roads going from Bancroft to Loop Rd that I haven't been on until today, Chemaushgon Rd which turns into Airport Rd which goes to Brethour Rd which goes to South Baptiste Lake Rd. Brethour is gravel the other ones are paved.

I went on Kennaway Rd today and rode it for its entire length and never saw the steetcar. Is it supposed to be visible from the road?

I also tried Sumcot rd, entered it from Elephant Lake Rd and got a few kms in then got to a gate that said private property no trespassing so I turned around.

There's also a fun series of roads going from Bancroft to Loop Rd that I haven't been on until today, Chemaushgon Rd which turns into Airport Rd which goes to Brethour Rd which goes to South Baptiste Lake Rd. Brethour is gravel the other ones are paved.
Yes the streetcar is visible from the road, but it’s about 20-30 feet in the bush. It’s located at around the halfway mark on the north side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom