What's you favourite road(s) or section of a road in Ontario? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's you favourite road(s) or section of a road in Ontario?

Well I'm impressed you guys took street bikes on kennaway road. I didn't have much trouble on my KTM but there were one or two sections that were pretty rough and I was glad I had a 21" wheel and lots of ground clearance.

• Snake road through Waterdown
It appears some high school kids got hold of some paving equipment, and a few kegs of beer.
Parts of the lane going toward Waterdown are......ummm..... freshly "paved" today.

If you like hwy 518, you might like hwy 118. Turns are not as tight as 518 but you make it up it pace. Start/Finish at hwy 28 (South of Bancroft) and all the way West to hwy 169 (little West of Port Carling). This stretch of road can be enjoy by some what new riders to more experience riders. As mentioned before you pace will dictate you how comfortable you will be. 170 km/2hrs of joy!

Ive ridden 118 and it is a great road, I had a cottage in Bracebridge and i liked using it as a link to less travelled roads.
I much prefer the tight twistys to the sweepers, I just wish the pavement was better (constant challenge looking for issues with road surface.)
That said there is too many pluses and I just have to be 150% awake and aware. Also back roads have less traffic and other unkind intrusions.

No one mentioned Northeybay rd? I thought this was one of these not to miss with all the turns.

No one mentioned Northeybay rd? I thought this was one of these not to miss with all the turns.
Lots of driveways. The cottagers aren't real keen on bikes flying past. Watch for firetrucks, the hall is at the end of the road.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom