What's the used market like right now? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the used market like right now?

'97 Gl1500
I sold a my 2000 GL1500SE for $3250 certified last year, it had 76K on the clock. My guess is the selling price of a 97 would be $2500-3250 if it's in reasonable condition. I've seen the same bikes listed between $2000 and 10,000.

I always price my stuff a bit below the lowest asking price on Kijiji then hold firm on my price. I rarely have to wait more than a week and I don't haggle. Just sold my kid's boat+trailer for the asking price -- I priced it $100 lower than comparable boats and it went in 5 days.

What do you think a Tuono is worth? I've got them on my radar but didn't look last year to see what they were going for.

R1s are listed for a big premium, though stock is super low. Lame.

I've been looking at 2016 and up.

For non-factories, they tend to be around 12-15K for old model or resale. The VOS Motors overstock has kept this price flat.

For factory, the lowest I once saw was about 14K, but they tend to hover around 16K. Very few of these come up though so the prices vary wildly. Also, a lot of people tend to add pieces and price that in - exhaust is typically what's done.

What do you think a Tuono is worth? I've got them on my radar but didn't look last year to see what they were going for.

R1s are listed for a big premium, though stock is super low. Lame.
For what it’s worth I bought a used 2014 Tuono in 2016 for $11,000. No factory model back then and the price has gone up. Bike had some nice mods, Arrow slip on and also had the original seat and a oem RSV4 tail section to make it look like what became the factory.

New Factory is $20,000 msrp, I think two wheel motorsports has a new 2018 for $18,000. I personally wouldn’t pay more then $14-15,000 for a ‘16-17 Factory. $11-12,000 for a base model. Otherwise I would look at new. Just my opinion.

I took a look again at the available Tuono Factorys on the market - they are hovering in the 16K region as I had mentioned. (2016+)

Borders being closed and travel restricted means people are looking to spend their leisure funds on other things. Can’t travel to Europe or down south? Ok, I’ll buy a motorcycle and check out the rest of the country where I can.

Home improvements are up, Hot Tubs and spas are up too. So staying home and spending on things to keep comfortable.

There might be a lot of folks out of work but, those with the means are still spending. I think bikes will hold value as long as there is demand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spending on computers too...some I think as more people at home and only one Mac between them and also work at home clients upgrading.

I suspect some are nervous to post their bike.

For what it’s worth I bought a used 2014 Tuono in 2016 for $11,000. No factory model back then and the price has gone up. Bike had some nice mods, Arrow slip on and also had the original seat and a oem RSV4 tail section to make it look like what became the factory.

New Factory is $20,000 msrp, I think two wheel motorsports has a new 2018 for $18,000. I personally wouldn’t pay more then $14-15,000 for a ‘16-17 Factory. $11-12,000 for a base model. Otherwise I would look at new. Just my opinion.
@Mr.K

Please view this ad:

2018 tuono 1100rr,

Price: $ 12,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Not a bad deal. Bone stock. Low k's

I'd agree with blackcamaro's assessment.

I own a '17. Amazing bike. Standard mods. Slip-on and the race map. Swapped the rear sachs for an ohlins (wasn't really necessary, just had the opportunity for a price I could live with.)

2 young kids and no time; I'd consider selling mine for the right price (nothing crazy). Or put an offer for the one above.

Go '17 and up if you can. Better fuel mapping. Tft dash. Downshift blipper.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom