whats the purpose of some ppl using license plate hiders/flippers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

whats the purpose of some ppl using license plate hiders/flippers?

Phalanx

saw this the other day while i was driving. bike had some james bond gadget that flipped his license plate.

but whats the point besides the 'oh cool' thing, and besides 407 evasion.

if a cop is near you, they're gonna see ur license plate. motorcycle licesne plates are not that many digits. a lot of cops may even run ur plate before turning on their lights, so what purpose would it serve to flip ur plate after their lights come on? so even if u flip it after with intention of running away, whats the point? they already saw it..

saw this the other day while i was driving. bike had some james bond gadget that flipped his license plate.

if a cop is near you, they're gonna see ur license plate. motorcycle licesne plates are not that many digits. a lot of cops may even run ur plate before turning on their lights, so what purpose would it serve to flip ur plate after their lights come on? so even if u flip it after with intention of running away, whats the point? they already saw it..
407 and/or riding dirty. If the latter they will flip it anytime they see a cop and just run if they get noticed.

One more expensive traffic violation to add to the long list.

Dont they get you if you evade the 407 fees too many times?

I once saw a guy on a harley sportser with plate flipper and I was like who you gonna run from on that and he said its for the 407 and this was a middle aged white guy, thug life yo :LOL:

OPP has been known to setup shop for vehicles dodging the cameras.

Yep, and then they ding you for each and every time they saw that same bike on the highway, forever and ever.

I know someone with a low tech device shielding his plates from the cameras and I'm wondering how long it's going to last before the gig is up for him.

Yep, and then they ding you for each and every time they saw that same bike on the highway, forever and ever.

I know someone with a low tech device shielding his plates from the cameras and I'm wondering how long it's going to last before the gig is up for him.
It's worse than that. They have dinged people before based on their expected commute For example, you lived in hamilton and worked in Vaughan for the last decade. We caught you evading tolls. Since we cant tell how often you used the highway as you were evading our systems, we will assume that you used it to commute daily. Here is a bill for $70 a day, 260 days a year for the last 10 years (~$180,000). Please pay up or you cannot renew your license.

Yeah, from my understanding it for the 407 or other scams Insurance, traffic offences etc.
Basically just wanna be thugs.. until they get caught..

its for riding in the rain. if the plate gets wet you can flip it a few times to get the water off so it remains distortion free and legible. great feature

60114268.jpg

It's worse than that. They have dinged people before based on their expected commute For example, you lived in hamilton and worked in Vaughan for the last decade. We caught you evading tolls. Since we cant tell how often you used the highway as you were evading our systems, we will assume that you used it to commute daily. Here is a bill for $70 a day, 260 days a year for the last 10 years (~$180,000). Please pay up or you cannot renew your license.
For real? I can't see them getting away with this without evidence.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

For real? I can't see them getting away with this without evidence.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
I can't find a link, but that is my recollection from 15 or so years ago. They wanted to make an example of the guy. I think this was when you could still take the shoulder or lane change to avoid the cameras so they had no way to know how often he actually took the highway so they guessed in their favour.

Do you really think these bike riders flip their plates only after a cop has turned his lights on? They are smarter than that.

Do you really think these bike riders flip their plates only after a cop has turned his lights on? They are smarter than that.

theres lots of times when a cop is in an unmarked car a few cars behind you in traffic, and you'd be oblivious to this. sometimes cops even ride streetcars downtown on foot and pull ppl over. wht about the bums u see on street corners asking for change? they too, are sometimes undercover cops

or, better yet, you tell me then.. why do they do it and when do they do it?

An improperly displayed license plate, observed by a cop (whether in a marked or unmarked car), is BEGGING for that cop to switch on the lights. Especially if observed in a situation that limits the ability of the rider to run from the cops. Or if the chopper or plane happens to be within range.

Back
Top Bottom