What's the forums opinion on | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the forums opinion on

Fiery254

Site Supporter
the minimum trailer size needed to fit 2 sports bikes and gear for them both, including leathers, tools generator etc etc. I will be dragging it behind a mid sized SUV without a towing package at the moment so don't wat to go over the top!

I'm looking at buying new and can't afford to make a mistake.

Enclosed trailer? 5 by 8 bare minimum and that'll leave only a foot or so of extra length over and above what the bikes will use up. You can fill up the space between the bikes with generator etc. and some stuff can go in the tow vehicle. If you also have to bring a canopy, camping stuff, tires, etc it will fill a 5x8 to the rafters very quickly. If you have the space to store the trailer, 5x10 will give you more room to work with, and a V-nose can give a little more yet. The extra length doesn't usually add much to the weight of the trailer and hardly anything to the aerodynamic drag.

My open trailer takes two bikes and has about 7 feet of its length allocated to the bikes and 2.5 feet allocated to tires, canopy, stands, etc and it suits me fine. Width is just over 5 feet.

5x8 is the bare minimum, and you will be cramped for space.

I have a 5x8 enclosed, but i only ever take one bike with me. I'll be hauling a friend's bike tonight, i can take a pic of the inside to give you an idea of what its like for room.

i have a 6x12 and there is lots of room and resale will be much better as it suits different needs

I had a 6X12 for a long time and hauled 3 bikes with ease

Keep in mind what he's towing it with.

I had towed a 6x12 with my Ranger but it really struggled on the highway, the taller trailer catches a lot of wind and was a bit too much for a Ranger. I decided to go with something smaller that would be easier to tow.

just saying a 6X12 will handle 3 and he wants what will handle 2
a low roof will help, but watch your head

Keep in mind what he's towing it with.

I had towed a 6x12 with my Ranger but it really struggled on the highway, the taller trailer catches a lot of wind and was a bit too much for a Ranger. I decided to go with something smaller that would be easier to tow.

Did you see Cola's? I think that is great, because you can actually park it in a garage (not too high). You can fit two bikes.... it is tight, but it will fit. If you have one of those pitbull rear axel units, you will not even need to use straps and you can load the bikes either forwards or rearwards. Cola just bought his recently for a really good deal too. Talk to him.

^^^ PM me. I'll look for the info on mine. I fit my bike in on a chalk and tied down and another bike (DVS') in, just reversed. No probs. The v-nose on mine is a bit longer than a lot I have seen. About 20+ inches on top of the 8'. ( 5 x 8 ). I have an Acadia (SUV). That trip to Jennings only costed a couple pennies shy of $400.00 total.

On kijiji, here's a deal. They keep their value.

Last edited:
I appreciate the help and advice. After thinking about it, if I'm hauling 2 bikes most likely it'll not be a track trip, but moving bikes to and from storage or street bikes on a road trip. So I may well get away with a 5' x 8'. Although it isn't very 'futureproof' it should get me going. Of course money is also a consideration. But then isn't it always?

This is the guy that I got mine from. He should be getting the 2010 models in soon. From the get go, he has them made with bikers, go-karters and sledders in mind. No 'options' needed to buy.

we went to this company to ask him about trailers and were really impresssed with him.

He was very professional and his trailers were well priced. Call him for specific directions because the address from kijiji isn't correct.

I know of another fellow tracker besides Cola that bought his there and he is extremely satisfied with his. He sometimes has used ones but it's not very often and does deliver as well if you need it.

We almost bought ours there but were really trying to keep our cost down so we went used. If we were going to commit to new, we would most definitely have bought it from him.

I believe his price for the 5 x 8 might almost be the same as the price for the 5 x 10. His larger trailers like the 5 x 12 have the extra height so that's handy.

We did take our 6 x 12 down to the gap pulled by the escape and it really struggled in the mountains and did not appreciate it on the flat ground either.

A 5x8 is too small for 2 bikes and gear, min. would be 6x10 and if you want a trailer made for you I can get the company who made mine (Streamline out of Hamilton) to make you one - a basic 6x12 will be under $4k but you are getting a custom trailer - even cheaper depending on what you want. PM me if you want their number.

We use a 6x12 V noise and it is great. 3 bikes fit well with the PitBull Restraint. Lots of room for gear and sleeping. Towing is fine behind out Durango.We got a MTI out of Ohio at a great price. I got Aluminum wheels and spare, LED light and Etc.

I bring 3 sets of spare wheels, Generator, Warmers, Stands, Tents, Chairs and still have lots of room. Big plus was putting a cabinet on the man door for fluids, rags and small items you don't want to misplace.

PitBullTrailerRestraints002.jpg

PitBullTrailerRestraints006.jpg

Adam is Clentec is very good to deal with. Would recommend this guy to anyone.

Anybody here have the address for Clentec? I can't get a hold of Adam - the phone number listed on his ads all go to voicemail and have been for a week now. I've left messages - still no response.

I was going to head down to their area to check out Action Trailers but wanted to check out Clentec first since his prices appear to be better and you've all left good feedback about his trailers.

good luck getting in touch with him. He's so busy he hasn't returned our calls several times.
The google maps address for Clentec is wrong and there wasn't a whole lot going on when we drove over there before we bought our trailer. Try replying to one of his ads on kijiji. He always replies to those emails.

We went to via trailers on longwoods road and they beat Adam's prices.
Good luck

5X8(non v-nose)two bikes using pitbull restraints, one generator, one bike ramp, lawn chairs, folding table, ezup, one shelf housing two sets of tire warmers and a milk crate full of tools and spares, two 20L gas jugs, one rear stand and another toolbox. You have to get clever with the space, everything in ours has a specific place, we are still trying to fab up something to get tires in their as well. Though we have shoe-horned stuff in nothing touches the bikes. I am sure it's doable without the pitbulls but it would be a trial in extreme patience. The stands, cooler, tires and gear bags go in the tow vehicle. We have pulled this setup with a 4cyl element and a small mazda pickup both with ease. My buddy and I both would have preferred a 6X12 but the 5X8 is much smaller and easier to both tow and store in the driveway.

good luck getting in touch with him. He's so busy he hasn't returned our calls several times.
The google maps address for Clentec is wrong and there wasn't a whole lot going on when we drove over there before we bought our trailer. Try replying to one of his ads on kijiji. He always replies to those emails.

We went to via trailers on longwoods road and they beat Adam's prices.
Good luck

I think he is going through a rough divorce.

Back
Top Bottom