What was your best 2011 riding moment/location/close call, etc..? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What was your best 2011 riding moment/location/close call, etc..?

Dayao12

I felt the forum to be a bit slow lately. This should get some momentum going.
(Try to keep it under 200 words=D Quick reads and you get your story out =D)

My best moment was when a couple of buds and I were exploring the trails in the city. We sometimes like a change from riding the streets and check out the smaller dirt trails found around parks. Continuing on through the dark forests, it lead us up to a mountain. And when we finally got to the top, a breathtaking view of the city could be seen. This has then become a regular place to stop by during our many night rides.
I prefer not to say where this is but if you'd like to check it out, you're than welcome to join our next ride XD
Hint: From up top, we can see all you riders zipping down the DVP XD A sound very pleasing to our ears.

Easy: Jennings, FL

It was great weather, first ride of the year + last ride of the year, because I screwed up my knee playing soccer later that week.... and I nearly pooped the pants when I lost the front, but somehow saved it on the old knee. :D

Riding Moment....I would have to say riding on the sandy beach of downtown Dayton.
I just couldn't stop smiling.
Surprise Moment....it's a toss up between 219 and SR56
219 from Elkins to Rich Creek this hwy is a real treat.
it had rain most of the day before and the next day was nice and sunny
it takes a few hours to get to Rich Creek but the drive had everything you could of wanted
SR56...I found this by accident trying to get back on the BRP.
This road is a lot harder than the Dragon with some of the tightest turns I've ever seen.

Discussion between a rider and my wife when we were at a Mosport trackday in August. After meeting me he asks her "so how long you been married?" "Two days", she replies. Completely shocked, he says, "you're the coolest wife, ever!" Lol.

We went to Killarney for a the rest of the week after that for a relaxing week away :)

The day I picked up my first bike in sept ( most memorable ) my first time at Forks of Credit ( location ) and the ride home from the dealership, I made a right turn and ended up on the second lane that had a 4x4 in it, thank god he slowed down ( close call )

Waving back to a small kid and his dad who were hiking around the DVP. Had the bike leaned waaay over (for me) and was able to return the salute around the apex of the exit.

lol you go dirt biking there. Awesome:)

I felt the forum to be a bit slow lately. This should get some momentum going.
(Try to keep it under 200 words=D Quick reads and you get your story out =D)

My best moment was when a couple of buds and I were exploring the trails in the city. We sometimes like a change from riding the streets and check out the smaller dirt trails found around parks. Continuing on through the dark forests, it lead us up to a mountain. And when we finally got to the top, a breathtaking view of the city could be seen. This has then become a regular place to stop by during our many night rides.
I prefer not to say where this is but if you'd like to check it out, you're than welcome to join our next ride XD
Hint: From up top, we can see all you riders zipping down the DVP XD A sound very pleasing to our ears.

So many awesome moments this year. From all day group rides, first track experience, camping out a Mosport, Bogie, marshalling and camping out with some awesome people at the track. Hope next year is just as awesome, if not better:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom