What to do with stale gas? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to do with stale gas?

RoyBatty

Hey all,

I've got an 82 honda CB750C with stale gas in the tank, (I suspect as much, anyway, not sure how to tell).

I was planning to drain the tank into a jerry can and take it someplace to get rid of it, but I'm not sure where in the GTA, (preferrably midtown), that I would take it.

Just talked to Canadian Tire and the guy says they can't take it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lawn tractor.
They eat fuel like crazy and nobody seriously cares about them performing well.

run it through your car
it'll be diluted and not hurt anything
seriously
Just make sure you don't pour in any solids that come from the old tank into your car.

You can also drop fuel off at most municipal hazardous waste transfer stations.

If it's plain gas, I run it through my wifes car. If I have more premix than I will use in a year (like when the outboard blows up), I send it through the snowblower.

Just take it to your local recycling center and dispose of it.

If it's plain gas, I run it through my wifes car. If I have more premix than I will use in a year (like when the outboard blows up), I send it through the snowblower.

When a marina gets a call that a boater ran out of gas they send premix. If it's an I/O that runs straight gas the premix gets them home. It doesn't work the other way.

When a marina gets a call that a boater ran out of gas they send premix. If it's an I/O that runs straight gas the premix gets them home. It doesn't work the other way.
I just dont like sending premix through engines with cats and tons of sensors. I am just asking to foul something that will cost me a fortune.

I just dont like sending premix through engines with cats and tons of sensors. I am just asking to foul something that will cost me a fortune.

I never thought of the boats not having the cats etc. I can't recall what I did with 5 gallons of gas, water and oil sludge I pumped out of a bilge 20+ years ago.

Back
Top Bottom