What should be the price? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What should be the price?

Norcorider

Folks,

I have my eyes on the following models at a local dealer and wanted to get an idea on the price of each before I contact the dealer.

All of these are listed as New models.

2015 Yamaha fj 09
2017 Yamaha fz 07
2014 Yamaha fz 09

Thanks!

The 17' model will be close to MSRP so dont expect much flex

the other ones are older, so you MIGHT be able to get it a little lower. But they are all popular models that sell well, so dont expect them to drop panties for you

Always liked the red. I think it was a one year colour. I was interested in that bike as well, but ended up finding one of the last silver/blue colour combo 2015 models at an out of town Yamaha dealership.

I'm sure they want to get rid of it, been on the showroom floor for three years.

Better off going in there in person and see if they are willing to wheel and deal with you. It's a 4 year old bike, the 2018's have had major improvements done to it compared to how a new 2014 is.

The 17' model will be close to MSRP so dont expect much flex

the other ones are older, so you MIGHT be able to get it a little lower. But they are all popular models that sell well, so dont expect them to drop panties for you

Couldn't be that popular sitting for 3 and 4 years.....lol
Dealership is probably asking for full MSRP on them is why they are sitting for so long.

Dealership is probably asking for full MSRP on them is why they are sitting for so long.

throttle is an on-off switch
suspension is awful

'15 FJ09 is not that great a bike

'17 FZ07 is the best on that list

As we're approaching (past?) the half-way point of this riding season, you might have some leverage to low-ball the older bikes.

I've read that a fix for the throttle snatch on the earlier '09 is just a re-flash away. I think I'd prefer a snatchy-throttle triple to a parallel twin anything...

. It's a 4 year old bike, the 2018's have had major improvements done to it compared to how a new 2014 is.

I never rode a Gen 1, so no reference, but its still essentially the the same bike (Gen 2) on paper they improved all the weak points, but realistically I found on the 2017 the throttle is still snappy/snatch in A mode id say in stop and go city traffic with poor road conditions its almost unrideable. I stick to B mode. But when your out in the open in the country, or on B roads, switch to A and let it rip. Suspension is probably still far too soft.
2014, or 2018, you wont be doing track days with these. But the engine is so ****ing awesome, that i really dont give a ****, and would buy one again in a heart beat without a second thought.

Im willing to bet every week they get a potential buyer for those, but are just too stubborn to work with the buyer...so it sits. They are really popular bikes but some dealers are just stubborn, when brampton powersports were closing they put up signs saying they had great closing deals...I went in and all the bikes were MSRP..the sales guy was bragging about the supposed great prices lmao

As we're approaching (past?) the half-way point of this riding season, you might have some leverage to low-ball the older bikes.

I've read that a fix for the throttle snatch on the earlier '09 is just a re-flash away. I think I'd prefer a snatchy-throttle triple to a parallel twin anything...

^This
I found my soulmate.

Last edited:
Why are you trying to buy a new bike?

Buy used and save money

Used fz-07 and fz09 are way too overpriced. I was thinking if I can get non current model close to what people are asking for used , maybe that's better.

Just curious what is the list price on the brand new 14 FZ09 you're looking at?

Haven't contacted the dealer yet. I wanted to check here first on how much discount should I get in order to make it a good deal.

Most dealers I have visited online don't publish prices except for current models.

Used fz-07 and fz09 are way too overpriced. I was thinking if I can get non current model close to what people are asking for used , maybe that's better.
I think a lot of people overpriced their ads on Kijiji expecting to get lowballed. Might be worth negotiating with a few.

I did the same, sold and bought used.

I firmly believe there are two prices for each bike

1. The "I wanna keep it looking shiny in my showroom/garage" price

2. The "I wanna sell it" price

I usually price it to sell, the longest I have ever waited before buyers came to pick up the bike was 3 hours.
No Negotiating, no haggling, no tire kickers or tester riders.
(ad was getting messages in 3 mins of putting it up)

The 17' model will be close to MSRP so dont expect much flex...the other ones are older, so you MIGHT be able to get it a little lower. But they are all popular models that sell well, so dont expect them to drop panties for you

Wrong time of year. Go in with a reasonable offer in January and the panties will drop.

I firmly believe there are two prices for each bike

1. The "I wanna keep it looking shiny in my showroom/garage" price

2. The "I wanna sell it" price

I usually price it to sell, the longest I have ever waited before buyers came to pick up the bike was 3 hours.
No Negotiating, no haggling, no tire kickers or tester riders.
(ad was getting messages in 3 mins of putting it up)

Agreed. GTA is often overpriced. I picked my old bike from Nova Scotia used from a dealership, delivered to my door in 3 days for $400. It was priced about $1500 less than similar bikes here in the GTA. I sold the bike earlier this spring on the first warm weekend without hassle.

Don't expect a deal from Ready. They had a new 2015 Versys 1000 that they priced all in much higher than I was able to negotiate for a 2017 demo outside of town. My impression is that they're big enough to be able to wait until someone willing to pay their price comes along. I guess someone did, as its no longer listed on Kijiji.

I often find that dealers that sell cars in addition to bikes etc, dont really care if they sell it or not, as they have other business and can afford to wait (Brampton powersports, Ready, etc etc)

Dealers that only deal with power sports are more likely to work with you at-least. Other thing is GTA is a huge market, theres a buyer around every corner.
If you leave the GTA you're likely to find some nice deals

Wrong time of year. Go in with a reasonable offer in January and the panties will drop.

I find it strange, been browsing kijij, and find that all the people who put up their bikes in spring in hopes of cashing in on the summer fever, have actually dropped their prices BELOW what they were in the winter, simply because their gamble didnt pay off and no one bought in time for summer, and now they're desperate to sell.

If I had waited till now, instead of buying early, I could have saved $1000

Maybe this has more to do with how long the bikes been up for sale

Back
Top Bottom