What lower cost/inexpensive steering damper can my friend get for a kawasaki? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What lower cost/inexpensive steering damper can my friend get for a kawasaki?

You know it was a tank slapper when: there are road scars on both sides of your bike after you only fell off once.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
yes many, but they all occurred at 80kph on decleration down to about 50kph when it would settle out, early generation GoldWings suffered from this and Honda changed nothing for 5 yrs. Trying to accelerate made it worse, it was often on a downhill and you didnt touch the brakes just let it work its way out.
It wasn't violent like a true tank slapper, but a lot of GoldWings in the early 80's crashed with it.
Mostly when folks took their hands off the bars, the front tire was underinflated or the top box and bags were dangerously overloaded.
"Does it hurt when you do that ? Then don't do that."

Let's just get this out of the way right up front :/ high performance motorcycles wiggle like crazy when you ride them really really hard,
that is just the way it is, be ready to learn to deal with it when it does happen. You are far more likely to encounter a handling problem by accidentally leaving an axle pinch bolt loose, or by not maintaining your steering head bearings adequately. Speaking of which, does his bike have taper bearings or ball bearings in the steering head? You can put all the steering dampers you want on the thing but if the steering bearing has play or weakness in it, the bike is going to handle like it has a rubber hinge in the middle.

My high performance bike doesn't wiggle a bit or need a damper, that's why I bought it.

Mostly when folks took their hands off the bars, the front tire was underinflated or the top box and bags were dangerously overloaded.
"Does it hurt when you do that ? Then don't do that."
Exactly. A lot of goldwing owners spent thousands of dollars to cure the"wobble". Companies like Traxxion made a lot of money.

Reactions: TK4
My high performance bike doesn't wiggle a bit or need a damper, that's why I bought it.
It's because you have never ridden it hard enough, if you really want to know the feeling,
accelerate on a bumpy washboard road or railway crossing a little fast, that will probably get it to head shake,
unless your bike has a very light front wheel and is totally gutless.

It's because you have never ridden it hard enough, if you really want to know the feeling,
accelerate on a bumpy washboard road or railway crossing a little fast, that will probably get it to head shake,
Nope.
My RC51 sp1 was too stiff.
sp2 was designed with frame flex.

Tank Slapper - Fast and the Furious Edition. Craziest one I've ever seen.

"I'm not dead! I'm not dead!"

Nope.
My RC51 sp1 was too stiff.
sp2 was designed with frame flex.
Have you never watched IOM videos, they All wiggle if you ride them hard enough, even the hand made by factory one off's,
even With multi thousand $ steering dampeners.

Lol. Pretty sure @Low rider has ridden it hard enough. If it was gonna wiggle, it would have.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom