what is this worth? need help. purchasing privately. | GTAMotorcycle.com

what is this worth? need help. purchasing privately.

delfonic

hey guys, thinking of purchasing a new bike privately and wanted some honest insight.

here's some info on it:
04 honda cbr 600 rr in red/black
22xxx km
yoshimura cf slip on exhaust
lowered (didn't catch the manufacturer of the links)
powdercoated wheels white
everything else seems oem
been legitimately plated until july/13 and then stored
owner has had the bike for 2 years
he bought it from an older gentleman, which tells me it's been taken care of
barely rode it according to his UVIP, the km's has barely changed from when he bought it until now
been stored in garage
hasn't been dropped, paint and fairings are in great condition
the only scratches that can be seen are the ones coming from inside pants leg
rides well and all gears are good

here's some info on the current owner:
owner's brother is my friend
both of them are sort of a hoarder on honda
they have always taken care of their cars
which tells me they've taken care of this bike
don't hack job any of their current vehicles

so what would you guys pay for a bike in that condition with that type of owner?

Last edited:
I would agree, probably very high 3s would be a deal, very low 4s depending on how bad you want it.

Depends on maintenance really.
Are the tires new or shot? Brake pads original or replaced? comes safetied? etc

You can easily drop 1000$ + bringing this bike to where it should be

With that said with everything where it should be and safetied i wouldn't pay more than 3,500. Anything it needs id subtract from that price...

With that said with everything where it should be and safetied i wouldn't pay more than 3,500. Anything it needs id subtract from that price...

Agree with this recommendation. I would think high 3's is a decent deal. It is a ten year old bike, no matter how you spin it.

On a side note, I always become fearful of bikes that have low mileage. The speedometer/odometer can easily be swapped out I believe - plenty of used ones from crashed bikes pop up online all the time...
Not to say that this is the case with the one you are considering.

Agree with this recommendation. I would think high 3's is a decent deal. It is a ten year old bike, no matter how you spin it.

On a side note, I always become fearful of bikes that have low mileage. The speedometer/odometer can easily be swapped out I believe - plenty of used ones from crashed bikes pop up online all the time...

You guys are off, one thing is what you believe the bike is worth, teh other thing is what they are currently selling at.

This adds won't get their asking price but they won't sell the bike for less than 4300k - Do I like or agree with these prices? Hell no but the reality is that they will sell

2004 Honda CBR 600RR
Black on Black CBR 600RR for sale or trade. Looking to get off the sport bike, and onto a bobber. Try your trades. No hurry to sell. Clean bike, mechanic owned, only put 500km on this summer. ...30000 km
$5,000.0007-Jan-14
  • City of Toronto

MUST SELL!! 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
2004 Honda CBR600RR Tinted windscreen Yoshimura rs-5 slip on Integrated taillight Solo seat Pazo levers Great bike, never been dropped Runs amazing Asking $4900 obo, must sell make an ...44100 km
$4,900.0004-Jan-14
  • Oakville / Halton Region

2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
bike runs mint. repsol fairings integrated tail light clear LED flush mounts halo hid projectors comes with brand new tires not installed yet oem clear wind screen pls only txt 647986118530 km
$5,000.0016-Dec-13
  • City of Toronto

2004 Honda CBR 600 F4I
Yellow and Black, new tires chain and brakes, alarm system, flush mount signals.51000 km
$3,800.0008-Dec-13
  • Mississauga / Peel Region

2004 Honda CBR600 F4i BLK/YELLOW
Clean Bike, Upgraded windshield, Akrapovic exhaust pipe, synthetic oil and premium gas used only, winterize every year. will also come with bike stand and cover, oem exhaust pipe and windshield,...if ...16000 km
$5,000.0022-Nov-13
  • City of Toronto

2004 Honda CBR 600F4i
clean bike, oil changes, and winterized every year, never dropped17000 km
$5,000.0022-Nov-13
  • City of Toronto
Sponsored Links

It's also incredibly easy on some bikes to disconnect them altogether. Sometimes it's just a physical cable from the speedo/tach to the front wheel. Disconnect that cable and the km's no longer go up.

That's why its a good idea to take kms on a bike with a grain of salt. In most cases it's a good indicator of how much use the bike has had, but even if they are accurate, matching values can come from very different bikes. It really depends how much the maintenance has been kept up and how much the person was beating on the bike during those kms.

You guys are off, one thing is what you believe the bike is worth, teh other thing is what they are currently selling at.

This adds won't get their asking price but they won't sell the bike for less than 4300k - Do I like or agree with these prices? Hell no but the reality is that they will sell

2004 Honda CBR 600RR
Black on Black CBR 600RR for sale or trade. Looking to get off the sport bike, and onto a bobber. Try your trades. No hurry to sell. Clean bike, mechanic owned, only put 500km on this summer. ...30000 km
$5,000.0007-Jan-14
  • City of Toronto
MUST SELL!! 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
2004 Honda CBR600RR Tinted windscreen Yoshimura rs-5 slip on Integrated taillight Solo seat Pazo levers Great bike, never been dropped Runs amazing Asking $4900 obo, must sell make an ...44100 km
$4,900.0004-Jan-14
  • Oakville / Halton Region
2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
bike runs mint. repsol fairings integrated tail light clear LED flush mounts halo hid projectors comes with brand new tires not installed yet oem clear wind screen pls only txt 647986118530 km
$5,000.0016-Dec-13
  • City of Toronto
2004 Honda CBR 600 F4I
Yellow and Black, new tires chain and brakes, alarm system, flush mount signals.51000 km
$3,800.0008-Dec-13
  • Mississauga / Peel Region
2004 Honda CBR600 F4i BLK/YELLOW
Clean Bike, Upgraded windshield, Akrapovic exhaust pipe, synthetic oil and premium gas used only, winterize every year. will also come with bike stand and cover, oem exhaust pipe and windshield,...if ...16000 km
$5,000.0022-Nov-13
  • City of Toronto
2004 Honda CBR 600F4i
clean bike, oil changes, and winterized every year, never dropped17000 km
$5,000.0022-Nov-13
  • City of Toronto
Sponsored Links

negative, recently purchased a 2006 600rr asking price was 5K, didnt pay anywhere near that...

It's also incredibly easy on some bikes to disconnect them altogether. Sometimes it's just a physical cable from the speedo/tach to the front wheel. Disconnect that cable and the km's no longer go up.

That's why its a good idea to take kms on a bike with a grain of salt. In most cases it's a good indicator of how much use the bike has had, but even if they are accurate, matching values can come from very different bikes. It really depends how much the maintenance has been kept up and how much the person was beating on the bike during those kms.

Look at the overall condition of the bike. Rims, body, oem chain/sprockets, frame etc..

high 3's is about right assuming you don't need to start replacing a series of parts. Just be careful with a lowered bike, the handling will be compromised. One thing to ask is the last time the forks were taken apart. Hopefully more than once in the last 10 years. They can collect a lot of debris. At that age seals, rubber hoses and the like start to go. If your going to ride a supersport consider sharpening your skills at a school like FAST or racer5.

Last edited:
@ZX600. Look at the 01-03 gsxr prices... Lunacy. I bought an 03 three years ago, doubled the mileage in 3 years, dropped it, and sold it for what I paid for it.

A cbr has better resale and are marginally more rare for new riders. Still doesn't mean it SELLS for 25% more than the same period gsxr. No way. I was offered an 03 cbrr for 3800 in 2011!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

negative, recently purchased a 2006 600rr asking price was 5K, didnt pay anywhere near that...
Deals can be had if you are patient, lucky and have the time and money in hand. I am talking about the market value. First search I did produced those results.

thanks for all the insight and honest opinions. i was worried that it was lowered and i have already checked with GP for OEM links and they aren't too bad. so i might want to change it back to stock height when the time is right.

I wonder, will all those posted above for an 04 CBR, what's usually the margin of difference from asking price to actual purchased price? i know with cars it can be up to $1500. last time i purchase my acura integra, asking price was $3700 but ended up only paying $2500. i guess it's all subjective on each seller though.

thanks for all the insight and honest opinions. i was worried that it was lowered and i have already checked with GP for OEM links and they aren't too bad. so i might want to change it back to stock height when the time is right.

I wonder, will all those posted above for an 04 CBR, what's usually the margin of difference from asking price to actual purchased price? i know with cars it can be up to $1500. last time i purchase my acura integra, asking price was $3700 but ended up only paying $2500. i guess it's all subjective on each seller though.
I would Imagine that the range for cars is higher than bikes but i am not sure. 1500 as a margin for a motorcycle seems to much

But what do I know, it seems people are selling bikes 2k under the ask, but everyone I know that has sold a bike in the past year swears they got close to asking price, someone is not telling the truth

Buyers always say they got it for 1500 less and sellers always say they got close to asking price lol

+1, what people ask for in ads is wishful thinking.
What people offer for bikes and what they think they are worth is also wishful thinking - somewhere in between is where most deals get made.

owned by an older gentleman would tell me nothing about it's maintenance.

What people offer for bikes and what they think they are worth is also wishful thinking - somewhere in between is where most deals get made.

You get lowballers all the time, but those people will never actually show up with money. I never bother with offers unless the person is standing before me and has seen the bike, the rest are just guys resting their hands from other activities on the internet for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom