What is the most you would pay for insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is the most you would pay for insurance?

When I first started riding I was at $1200 and for the amount of months you get that was about my limit for what I wanted to drain monthly on insurance, that hurts in the winter

no savings for me between annually or monthly. Less hassle to just pay out once and not have to worry about keeping an active account balance. The active account doesn't carry much in it...just in case.

You could pay for alot of trackdays for $4900...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

This.

For me I’m pretty close to reaching my limit. Rates keep going up and up and coverage keeps going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im 36, just got my m2. Best quotes I got were:

CBR600RR: $4500 a year
Yamaha R3: $1000 a year
Yamaha FZ07: $1500 a year
Yamaha FZ09: $1900 a year

In other words, its foolish to pay $4500 a year for the 600RR when those last two bikes are plenty of fun and the FZ09 has way more torque and is only a tiny bit slower than an 600rr (about 3mph slower in the quarter)

In other words, its foolish to pay $4500 a year for the 600RR when those last two bikes are plenty of fun and the FZ09 has way more torque and is only a tiny bit slower than an 600rr (about 3mph slower in the quarter)

Wow, 36 year old still getting the shaft.

I think the sweet spot is getting an m2 at 16 and once 25 insurance will be affordable with 9 years licensed. Big regret of mine was waiting too many years to get my lic.

I think the sweet spot is getting an m2 at 16 and once 25 insurance will be affordable with 9 years licensed. Big regret of mine was waiting too many years to get my lic.
Not really, when younger, age is going to take greater precedent than experience. I would fully expect the combined premia for ages 16 to 21 in the GTA on a 300cc to be in the mid 5 figure range.

It doesnt matter how old you are, your getting the shaft in this province.

Hey Chris,

Honestly man, don’t let anyone tell you what to do. That being said don’t live outside your means. I’m 25 and ride a yzf r1 and I pay $370/month. I ride everyday and every chance I get so to me it’s worth it. Also are you living at home? If you’re working and not paying rent that is one way to justify the cost lol. It really comes down to cost/reward ratio for your self, that ratio varies for each individual. Personally, there is a certain way I feel when I’m ripping my bike that makes all my worries disappear and to me that in itself is reward enough. GSXRs have a bad rep because of all the squids out there. Also think about if you’re going to be willing/able to pay those costs in the winter when you’re not riding. It sucks. End of the day, do whatever you think is going to make you the happiest. Ride safe, don’t be one of the guys who are the reason the gsxr has a bad rep, and most importantly have fun and don’t worry about other people’s opinions. Do you brother.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Also, call a broker, not individual companies. I was being quoted over $900/month until I called Mitchel and Whale and they found me $370/month. And whatever you do, DO NOT RIDE WITHOUT REAL INSURANCE, it screws us all over and isn’t worth the cost of being caught and the constant worrying while you’re on road!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

For all daily purposes, the fz09 will dust the 600RR. Get one, it's fun! I hear the fz07 is even more fun if you don't need stonking power off the line.

At 17, my son paid $990/year, M2 and a Virago 250. At 25 his rates on a Ninja 250 are approx $800, he was quoted $1800 for a 650 VSTROM.

It might also be foolish to hop on 100HP for your first street bike. FZs are not beginner bikes -- I've ridden them, they terrify many seasoned riders.

Think about the R3 -- save some money, learn to ride a small bike fast.

For me, it's not worth it when it gets above $1/cc.

Just for chuckles, I bought my first bike because car insurance was four times the price. $50 a year for the bike and $200 for the car. In the 1960's you didn't have all the mandatory extras and 250 cc was a big Jap bike.

Just for chuckles, I bought my first bike because car insurance was four times the price. $50 a year for the bike and $200 for the car. In the 1960's you didn't have all the mandatory extras and 250 cc was a big Jap bike.
That's also why I started riding. Couldn't afford a car, or insurance on a car, so I bought a bike. In the early '70s insurance wasn't mandatory, but if you wanted to get some it was around $100 a year. I didn't even bother getting a 'G' rating on my 'M' until I had been riding for over 3 years.

I had a bike that cost me $90~/month to insure and I ended up selling it due to the high cost

I think $50/month would be my limit these days

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last time I was bike shopping I got a quote on an fz1 and a Versys 650. Fz1 was $780/year, Versys was $500.
I currently pay $600ish per year on the versys full coverage, 2m liability and I've upped my accident benefits. My Husqvarna 450 costs me $89/year for liability only.
I would never ever pay more than a thousand dollars per year for any bike.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

$4500?? Wow and here I am wanting to change my insurance company because I'm paying $900/year for my 750cc sport-tourer bike. I was paying only $537 just 4 years ago before that garbage of INTACT took over my smaller insurance company.

I'm thinking of NOT renewing my insurance this year, will look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom