What helmet for a dual sport bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What helmet for a dual sport bike?

RodneyBR

Site Supporter
UPDATE: We bought new helmets from Royal Distributing . I got myself a HJC CL-16 Hellion and my wife got a Zox Odyssey.

I just received a 2006 Yamaha TW200 bike and have all the cloths except for a helmet and pants. I'm more concerned about what is the best started helmet.

I was thinking a HJC CS-R1 or HJC CS-16.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If they fit comfortably - must try it on. I highly recommend the EXO 700. Try it on at GP and order it online, much cheaper.

*Did you you a 20% discount card from GP btw....

The two most common DS helmets are the Arai XD and the Shoei Hornet DS. I have the Shoei. Great lid.

I've had my eye on the AFX FX-39 and the Fly Trekker DS for a while.. but I'm a cheap KLR riding bastard.

The two most common DS helmets are the Arai XD and the Shoei Hornet DS. I have the Shoei. Great lid.
HJC just came out with a reasonably priced DS helmet.You may find that if you wear an MX lid on the highway without a windscreen that it'll head buffet and the goggles vibrate. I end up riding with the visor tipped down to prevent my head from getting ripped off. :p. It may not be a problem on a TW200.

Back
Top Bottom