What does $1,700 on an Akrapovic exhaust get you | GTAMotorcycle.com

What does $1,700 on an Akrapovic exhaust get you

adri

Site Supporter
The Akrapovic slip on exhaust for the BMW F700GS and F800GS is an excellent performance exhaust if you like silence, and dislike having money.

In this video I show you how to remove the stock BMW F700GS / F800GS exhaust, how to install the Akrapovic slip on exhaust, take it for a test ride, a sound test versus stock pipe at various RPM, and also compare it to a Leo Vince exhaust on a G650GS to demonstrate how two different brands have approached making the same product in two different ways.

The exhaust suffers from what is known as quiet Euro-4 compliant muffler syndrome. The tone is deeper than stock, but not necessarily any louder. The baffles aren't removable without taking apart the entire exhaust.

You'll get a marginal, unnoticeable performance boost: You'll gain 1.3 hp and 1 Nm of torque, and you'll lose 1.5 lbs vs the stock exhaust. Did I notice this difference? Nope.

Overall there are better ways to spend $1,700 Canadian + tax. Glad I found mine second hand on Kijiji. Give this a look and listen if you're interested.

0:00 Intro
0:19 Stock exhaust removal
0:58 Akrapovic slip on install
1:29 Akrapovic test ride
4:52 VS Leo Vince G650GS
6:31 VS Stock exhaust

@adri - I'm thinking about ordering some of these stickers for my stock shocks ?

326232735_471166595225767_857856011453838187_n.jpg

Would $1700 be a better deal if it was obnoxiously loud?

Would $1700 be a better deal if it was obnoxiously loud?

No, it would be a better deal if it was on par with the Leo Vince exhaust on my other GS (which retailed at half the price), and is still far quieter than my (baffled) V-Rod was. As mentioned.

@adri - I'm thinking about ordering some of these stickers for my stock shocks ?

326232735_471166595225767_857856011453838187_n.jpg
lol! You just know someone is going to try to do this and ask for an extra $500 on their sale price for their $5 sticker... and unfortunately some other sucker who doesn't know what to look for will fall for it :(

Since when has a slip on been anything but a vanity exercise? Especially in the age of solid works or other equivalent flow simulation software. It's like someone took meticulous notes of a Yammynoob top 10 video and made a video response about it unironically.

The Akrapovic slip on exhaust for the BMW F700GS and F800GS is an excellent performance exhaust if you like silence, and dislike having money.

In this video I show you how to remove the stock BMW F700GS / F800GS exhaust, how to install the Akrapovic slip on exhaust, take it for a test ride, a sound test versus stock pipe at various RPM, and also compare it to a Leo Vince exhaust on a G650GS to demonstrate how two different brands have approached making the same product in two different ways.

The exhaust suffers from what is known as quiet Euro-4 compliant muffler syndrome. The tone is deeper than stock, but not necessarily any louder. The baffles aren't removable without taking apart the entire exhaust.

You'll get a marginal, unnoticeable performance boost: You'll gain 1.3 hp and 1 Nm of torque, and you'll lose 1.5 lbs vs the stock exhaust. Did I notice this difference? Nope.

Overall there are better ways to spend $1,700 Canadian + tax. Glad I found mine second hand on Kijiji. Give this a look and listen if you're interested.

0:00 Intro
0:19 Stock exhaust removal
0:58 Akrapovic slip on install
1:29 Akrapovic test ride
4:52 VS Leo Vince G650GS
6:31 VS Stock exhaust
You got ripped off. Akrapovics are available for most bikes on AliExpress for less than $100.

And they come with 2 stickers.

Since when has a slip on been anything but a vanity exercise?
...is this an "ok boomer" moment? Where in my video did I say slip ons are more than a vanity exercise?

Especially in the age of solid works or other equivalent flow simulation software. It's like someone took meticulous notes of a Yammynoob top 10 video and made a video response about it unironically.
Solid works. Flow simulation software. Top 10 video. Unironic response.

I'm not on a diet, but this looks a lot like word salad. What is happening over there?? lol

You got ripped off. Akrapovics are available for most bikes on AliExpress for less than $100.

And they come with 2 stickers.
lmao. I actually thought about buying one for side-by-side comparison and testing and decided I could waste my money on better things.

I tried to read into it but I don't think I could find the exact model you were talking about - I am assuming the reason a slip-on is $1700 is because there is a catalytic convertor in it?

I tried to read into it but I don't think I could find the exact model you were talking about - I am assuming the reason a slip-on is $1700 is because there is a catalytic convertor in it?
Shouldn't be. Cats should be in the header. Brand name probably makes most of the price.

Shouldn't be. Cats should be in the header. Brand name probably makes most of the price.
Full systems sold 'for off road use only' delete the cat.
I couldn't tell if you guys were speaking generally or about this exhaust specifically, so I read further into it. If I am reading the ECE certificate right then this does not disturb the original cat. Only the "black titanium" version is $1700, there is a "regular" titanium version for ~$1000. This scans now, before it seemed outrageous

It's hard for me to link to the exact product page because of how Fortnine's website is setup, I guess, but if you go to their site, enter "187938" in the search bar, click on it, and then enter a 2014 BMW F700GS as your item details, you'll see it.

I found it on another Canadian retailer's site here: Akrapovic Slip-On Line Exhaust - S-B8SO6-HZAABL

Back
Top Bottom