What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 41 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

If I'm understanding the charts correctly then the -1/+2 (15/45) configuration actually tops out at 224km. To be honest I can't say that it's often I get to ride over 230km+ for very long anyway. And considering stock is 250km top speed then I can see why people do it.
Not really. 224km/h is at the PEAK horsepower in 6th gear = it gets there quick. At your rev limiter (16k) it tops out at 256km/h but take a while to climb from 224 to 256. I hope that makes sense :)

Do I need to buy a speedohealer, or will the speedo be accurate?
The speedo will be WAY off ;) You can fix it with an ECU flash or get a speedohealer.

Thanks Kellen. Regarding suspension, I'll make sure to get that setup once I'm at the point of shaving a few tenths from my times. At this stage the mods I'm doing will hopefully give me the confidence to brake faster and accelerate quicker. And I'm sure I've got plenty of room to improve from mid 1:30 times at TMP. :)

With my stock bike I'll try and get below 1:30 for my last track day of the season. It's a simple matter of later braking and faster speed in the corners. As of right now I'm pretty happy riding 80% and keeping my bike intact.

Hey Johnscruiser, thanks again. I get the top end speed now as I wasn't considering the 16,000 rpm rev limit. Having said that it's a no brainer to do -1/+2 if I can still go over 240km. I'll assume the extra power is still going to be less violent than a liter bike and quite manageable for track application in the corners.

As for the speedo I'll go for the cheapest option. The speedo is already off by 10% from stock. If it tells me I'm going 300km at top speed then let me get that on my gopro and post it on YouTube!! Lol

"2011 ZX6R Top speed 333km!!!" Haha

If no one has ever done any baseline set up on your stock suspension you should really look into getting that done.

If no one has ever done any baseline set up on your stock suspension you should really look into getting that done.

Adrian in Milton set it up for me when I was 10 pounds lighter. :) What a big difference it made from baseline considering baseline setup is for 155 pounders or something. I'm probably 200 pounds with my leathers on now. But thanks for the suggestion. At some point I will get it done while I'm on the bike and all that.

As I said she's just set up for 185 pound rider not specifically me. :)

Rogo, I'm running 15/46 right now on my 2007 ZX6R. It works very well at TMP and Grand Bend.

Rogo, I'm running 15/46 right now on my 2007 ZX6R. It works very well at TMP and Grand Bend.

Thanks Dave! I'm going to do it. I just have to make sure to be smoother on the throttle while I'm leaned in. Couple times at TMP while leaned in and as I reached the Apex of the turn I instinctively twist the throttle to accelerate out and drifted the bike with a little too much twist. :) I've done it a few times accidentally as stated but my body position is good and I'm in a very relaxed and balanced state with the bike. Scary fun and much like knee dragging I hope I'll be able to drift at will and not by accident. Hehe

Thanks Dave! I'm going to do it. I just have to make sure to be smoother on the throttle while I'm leaned in. Couple times at TMP while leaned in and as I reached the Apex of the turn I instinctively twist the throttle to accelerate out and drifted the bike with a little too much twist. :) I've done it a few times accidentally as stated but my body position is good and I'm in a very relaxed and balanced state with the bike. Scary fun and much like knee dragging I hope I'll be able to drift at will and not by accident. Hehe

Uh... you should stop doing that.

Uh... you should stop doing that.

LOL! Yeah your probably right. :)

My next TMP day is Aug 30th. Hopefully it's a nice day and hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you from here.

I recently did TMP Fridays on Aug 15th and July 11th. Perhaps I met some of you already and didn't know it.

Cheers!

Yeah, what caboose said! Don't play around with spinning the rear until you have much more experience. I spin the rear sometimes on mine, but well after apex when the throttle is open all the way, and I have 12 years track experience. You don't want to high-side, trust me! I wasn't, and won't be at TMP. Have fun.

Yeah, what caboose said! Don't play around with spinning the rear until you have much more experience. I spin the rear sometimes on mine, but well after apex when the throttle is open all the way, and I have 12 years track experience. You don't want to high-side, trust me! I wasn't, and won't be at TMP. Have fun.

Totally understand. I ride at 80% so as not to "Any" side and most of all I hate paying extra for parts that are not used to their full extent. :)

Btw, I'm riding my Ninja without fairings on the track. Any suggestions on inexpensive race fairings perhaps for my 2015/16 season? As I ask this question, I'm reminded yet again how expensive this hobby Is.

Today I opened a birthday present containing a Motion Pro quick turn throttle for my track bike. :)

Hello GTAM!!! It's been a long time since my last post and log in. :) hope everyone is doing well and riding safe!

I'm still riding a 2011 ZX6R stock bike and I've tracked it a TMP twice this summer and will be tracking it one last time at the end of the month. For now I will continue to use the bike for both street and track. Knowing that I plan to track the bike a lot more next year I will be adding a few bits and bobbles over the fall.

I plan to get...

- Woodcraft Rearsets, clip ons and replacement bars.
- Speigler front brake lines
- DID chain and sprocket kit
- not sure about exhaust

For the most part I see myself riding local tracks like TMP and CanTire MP therefore no real need to get to over 250km+ On a 600cc stock bike.

My question is should I keep the sprocket setup stock or go (-1,+2) like I've heard this is the thing to do???

Anyone with this setup on a zx6r that can comment? I really don't want to lose too much top end(sub 230km) just to get quicker times off the line. But if it means I can pass other 600s quicker then it might be a good compromise.

Thanks!

Unless those parts are worn and need replacement your money should be going into suspension before any of that stuff. Late-braking/accelerating faster take a backseat to proper track suspension and seat-time.

Unless those parts are worn and need replacement your money should be going into suspension before any of that stuff. Late-braking/accelerating faster take a backseat to proper track suspension and seat-time.

I couldn't agree with you more. However, I've been putting off those mods since last season and since it's never a bad idea to have spare parts at the track, just in case, it's better to do it now while the stock parts are still decent. So with respect to the context of this thread Rearsets, front lines, metzler tires, sprocket and chains will be installed after my last track day. :)

I believe woodcraft sells armour bodies. Yes it is good

Thanks Mina, Dave and Kellan for the suggestions. For $700 bucks I'll ride my bike naked for a while. :)

I watched a few vids on the armour body skins they seem pretty easy to install.

Thanks Mina, Dave and Kellan for the suggestions. For $700 bucks I'll ride my bike naked for a while. :)
How naked is naked? Fully naked gets a little windy over 200kph :(

Jamie%20TMP%20with%20Jaksic%2002.jpg

You should come to Mosport small track (RDT/DDT) on Monday Sept 1st with GP Bikes, we can be naked together!

Lol, I suppose I ride half naked. My side upper and lower fairings are off and I have a full slider bar. I don't really tuck unless I hit 200 anyway. Hehe

I've actually thought about riding without the front cowel and visor like you. I'll be in Mexico for a week for vacation, hit TMP then I think I'm done for this season.

I really did want to check out Mosport though. I did Racer5 intro stage 1 last year before they redid it all. Gonna make sure to try it a couple times next year and maybe even try Calabogie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I watched a few vids on the armour body skins they seem pretty easy to install.

Keep your eyes on the for sale section over the winter for some used bodywork. Could get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom