What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

He's really busy this time of year with all the guys like you who wait till spring for there paint and stickers ;)
It's true, I procrastinated. Still, I tried messaging him a couple of months ago and haven't heard anything back from him. I can always hit up eBay, but I'd rather give him the business.

Mina when do you need the stickers?

I can bring them back from Round one for you.

He will reply quickest to email , keep in mind he works another full time job, and his engine is all apart a week before round 1 lol

Lol, I'll give it a shot anyway. Thanks!

Mina when do you need the stickers?

I can bring them back from Round one for you.
Awww man, so much love...
That would be great, Jay. I'm sending him an email shortly with what I need.
I will let you know if I hear back from him.

Edit:
Email sent, just waiting to hear back from him. Hopefully he can get them done before round 1. Thanks Jay!

Last edited:
Today I re-installed the clutch... again... with some new parts.

With some info on the 10R.net and the 10R race manual I hopefully have fixed the launch problems.

Installed a 47 rear sprocket for Grand Bend, I had Mosport (45) gearing last weekend. Did some small maintenance on it.

Need to install new Dunlop Slicks on it and I will be all ready for round 1.... I think!

Hyperpro dampener
Fresh q3's
Flushed rad with water and ww
Oil changed
Jardine slip on

safety wired

Ready for the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the bike back from suspension
safety wired
drained the coolant
installed brake guard, case protection
fixed sticking throttle
went over all the bolts to ensure everything is tight (new to me bike)
oil change

still have to:
remove old decals and numbers
put on new numbers
bleed brakes
mount new rubber
go over my packing list for rd1

i think that's everything.

Rode my bike. Works mint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rode my bike. Works mint
Me too! Gave it a shakedown before Mosport RDT tomorrow, some wheelies and stoppies up and down my street. Brakes are bled properly now with my Stahlbus bleeders and they stiffer than a Nun on Sunday. Awesome stopping power even when cold from the Braketech Iron's, Ferodo CP1's and Brembo RCS 19.

Can't wait to give them a good test!

Me too! Gave it a shakedown before Mosport RDT tomorrow, some wheelies and stoppies up and down my street. Brakes are bled properly now with my Stahlbus bleeders and they stiffer than a Nun on Sunday. Awesome stopping power even when cold from the Braketech Iron's, Ferodo CP1's and Brembo RCS 19.

Have fun. Report back on how the track is.

If I see one rider out brake you at tmp , you will never hear the end of it lol

I see a locked up front tire in his future without using race rubber and warmers.

Finally finished wiring the engine bolts, flushed the coolant, and replaced the oem CCT with my fancy new APE manual one.

I see a locked up front tire in his future without using race rubber and warmers.

Finally finished wiring the engine bolts, flushed the coolant, and replaced the oem CCT with my fancy new APE manual one.

You're both assuming that the rider will be on the brakes hard enough to get the BrakeTech rotors/pads hot enough to work properly...

Anyhow.. finished the green paint on new(er) bodywork. Green is the primary colour, still need to do white and black then decal her up. Hoping to have that ready for CSBK Shannonville. Also ordered a new AMB transponder, and ordered #3 and #4 inserts for the Attack triples.

His bike sounded like it was running over a puppy every time a wheel turned under braking. Loud squeak, heard it from across the lot.

Have fun. Report back on how the track is.
Done: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...14-Trackdays&p=2171506&viewfull=1#post2171506

I did a stoppie before every session in the parking lot, couldn't get the front Q3 to slip at all (31f cold).

You're both assuming that the rider will be on the brakes hard enough to get the BrakeTech rotors/pads hot enough to work properly...
The brakes are monsters. Stoppies in the parking lot before every session were super easy, and didn't notice much difference in braking force once they were warm ;)

His bike sounded like it was running over a puppy every time a wheel turned under braking. Loud squeak, heard it from across the lot.
Figured out the squeaking noise :(

10397195_884007834949676_2716520298814657411_o.jpg

10365637_884007851616341_3237890151769447006_o.jpg

1888955_884008414949618_9128027582618713192_o.jpg

^ obviously not a good application for blingy aluminum bits!
Hey Brian. When I removed the damaged aluminum driven nut I noticed a milky coloured powder in all the threads on the stud. When I look at the threads inside the nut they are very thin, with that same powder stuff in all the threads. Is it possible that the aluminum nuts are having a reaction/corrosion to the threads on the steel stud? :(

Hey Brian. When I removed the damaged aluminum driven nut I noticed a milky coloured powder in all the threads on the stud. When I look at the threads inside the nut they are very thin, with that same powder stuff in all the threads. Is it possible that the aluminum nuts are having a reaction/corrosion to the threads on the steel stud? :(

Loctite?

Back
Top Bottom