What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 134 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Installing a reverse hand shifter on the Ural. The bracket replaces the upper motor mount, requiring you to lift the fuel tank a couple of inches. (knuckle Buster).
The hand shifter replaces the right side reverse/neutral selector. It's partly a farkle type accessory, but it will make reverse easier to find. And it looks really cool.
FB_IMG_1694091357338.jpgFB_IMG_1694091365954.jpg

BEFORE:
View attachment 62863

DURING:
View attachment 62864:

AFTER:
View attachment 62865

View attachment 62866

There is one more piece to go on the tank in front my my big belly.
It is slightly to wide by .5mm-1.0mm on each side than I would like it to be. Not putting it on for now. May trim it down when I get my hands on a good X-Acto blade and steady hand.

Order this kit from eBay as it was fairly priced and would arrive before my 3 day ride.

Motorcycle Anti Slip Protection Stickers Tank Pad For SUZUKI V-STROM DL1050 XT | eBay
It's amazing how many styling queues Suzuki took from their Vstrom's 1988 Grampa.

DR_DL.png

IMG_1572.jpegNothing fancy and not the bike…but outfitted the Odyssey with new front brakes.

First one was a massive 3hr pain, second one took 30min thanks to Hondas little rotor screw made of glass.

Made a mess of the brake fluid though as I forgot to open it up once new pads installed. Hoping nothing blew out and damaged any seals…

New v old pad
IMG_1569.jpeg

Sexy…
IMG_1571.jpeg

Not sexy…
IMG_1577.jpeg
IMG_1576.jpeg

Didn’t want to bother with the rears….but will do soon.

Mounted a Scotts steering damper and just by chance found a handlebar thats made for dampers.It has less rise and sweep than stock,so it nullifies the height of the risers.
222222.jpg1111.jpg

Was wrenching with the Ramones (on cassette of course). I put the wheel back on my latest project and YES I greased my axle sticks. Grind Peggy all you want but I always smear on a light coat of grease any time I'm sliding an axle into the hub. It makes it easier and I figure it can't be a bad thing for the next time it has to come apart.

Making a skidplate for the dr200 out of a cutting board. Its a farm bike... I want to spend as little as possible.

Wife was getting rid of this. Might as well try.

Used a heat gun, jigsaw, and a table saw. Have to drill a hole for the drain bolt, and some hose clamps for mounting. Likely use some old hand grips to go around the frame. It'll keep the hose clamps from scraping the paint off the lower frame rails.
3c02034d617794927ccd609bb65c7cfc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Making a skidplate for the dr200 out of a cutting board. Its a farm bike... I want to spend as little as possible.

Used a heat gun, jigsaw, and a table saw. Have to drill a hole for the drain bolt, and some hose clamps for mounting. Likely use some old hand grips to go around the frame. It'll keep the hose clamps from scraping the paint off the lower frame rails.

Instead of hose clamps, get some u-bolts, slide 1/4” fuel line over them to protect the frame.

Fak. Tried to install a windshield for the bike today, but the seller sent the wrong adapter plate for my bike, and the damn thing won't fit.

IMG_1613.jpeg

Guess I'm winding it tomorrow...I'll see myself out.

I like to slide heat shrink over the exposed part of the gear clamp. Really cleans up the look and no scratching.

I like to slide heat shrink over the exposed part of the gear clamp. Really cleans up the look and no scratching.
Also a good suggestion. I'll try the u-bolt first, but I don't want to lose much ground clearance, so the hose clamp may win out.

1696253821267.png1696253954487.png

I like the zinc or stainless ubolts when attatching to pipe. They are neater and simpler to install as the farkle has holes instead of slots. Ubilts also cinch up tighter without bending the farkle. $5 for 10m of 1/4" irrigation pipe is great as a cushioning trim. It's UV resistant, flexible, and trim. Fuel line also works.

Also trim the excess from the hose clamp. Nothing looks sloppier than something held in place by a hose clamp with 2 inches of excess strap flapping in the breeze.

Back
Top Bottom