What did you do in your garage today..? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Hack

Post what you did in your garage today... Bike related of course.

Today I swapped out the front tire on a friends Victory Cross Country...
Lovin' the No-Mar Tire changer set up... 'Gets easier every time I use it.

New rubber mounted...
21llhxf.jpg

All balanced and ready to roll...
np2jxf.jpg

Practicing doing some bodywork on a damaged hardbag.

Working on installing shop air. I got a good deal on a 3/4" self-retracting line. Bleep me is it ever a prick to get a 100 lb reel on the wall 11' off the ground. It's getting sold with the house. No bottleneck to the tools though. :)

Once the air is finished, there is a 500 lb load balancer that will probably get mounted on rails to use as a hoist. Missing the rails and trolley at this point so it will need some more work. I haven't completely decided whether to ceiling mount it or put it on a mobile gantry.

New handlebars after I dropped it offroad lol. Hate riding home with one side pointed to the sky.
83b9b26184e54461a3282201e18a6ddd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

On the original cars, those were the jacks they used in the pits on the race cars.
Street cars had little chrome bumpers. Most people use these on their replicas because “race car”
And they look pretty cool.
And yes that is almost every Sunday. I don’t drive it much through the week,
especially with rain in the forecast. I will take my chances on the bike not the car.

Working on installing shop air. I got a good deal on a 3/4" self-retracting line. Bleep me is it ever a prick to get a 100 lb reel on the wall 11' off the ground. It's getting sold with the house. No bottleneck to the tools though. :)

Once the air is finished, there is a 500 lb load balancer that will probably get mounted on rails to use as a hoist. Missing the rails and trolley at this point so it will need some more work. I haven't completely decided whether to ceiling mount it or put it on a mobile gantry.
Have you considered unreeling the hose to decrease the weight? Personally I’ve switched to cordless electric for my impact and ratchet but air still has its uses, just less so.

Have you considered unreeling the hose to decrease the weight? Personally I’ve switched to cordless electric for my impact and ratchet but air still has its uses, just less so.
I did that, but it's not magically better. It saves some weight, but now you have a pile of hose attached that gets in your way (and makes the reel gain weight as you climb and if you get unlucky, you could unlatch the reel so it starts trying to rewind in your arms). Air still has some benefits that don't have a great cordless equivalent (like an air hammer) but this will probably be my last garage with a decent air setup. The next one will probably have shop air for tire inflation and tools will be all battery.

Ya some nice looking garages you all have.

BTW @Hack what is with the caution tape on the shelf? (reminder to self ) :ROFLMAO:

I can hardly see my garage floor. That’s what you get when you have a house with no basement. On the upside, never had a flood.

I have a nice size garage, but too many toys to walk around it. I'm working on clearing toys to outside storage so I can reclaim it.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom