What coverage for towing | GTAMotorcycle.com

What coverage for towing

CAA covers cars and bikes but they have to have plates, stickers and insurance. If you have a Gold membership/plus membership the kilometer allowance is unlimited, if you have the basic membership then you get [I think] 10 free kilometers then its like 2 bucks a kilometer after that.

You can use JA towing which cost 85 bucks for the tow and then 3 bucks per kilometer. Or you can try MotoLimo who only tow bikes.

BOYAH

CAA plus covers bikes and cars for about $100 a year, and of course has other benefits like fuel delivery, battery charging...

CAA covers cars and bikes but they have to have plates, stickers and insurance. If you have a Gold membership/plus membership the kilometer allowance is unlimited, if you have the basic membership then you get [I think] 10 free kilometers then its like 2 bucks a kilometer after that.

Wrong. As another poster pointed out, only CAA Plus (and whatever is above it) cover motorcycles together with cars. CAA Basic does not cover motorcycles. The Plus km coverage is not unlimited. If I remember correctly, it's 250km or so.

I used to be a member with these guys: http://www.homeandauto.ca/

They have much better benefits over CAA. Things like:

- You're insured, not your car/bike. You can tow your friends car, your friends bike, as long as you're by the vehicle in distress.
- Unlimited calls a year
- If you happen to be 80km away from your home, they will pay for hotel costs up to $150/night

Everytime I had to use them, they always sent Abram's Towing trucks so I believe that's who has their contract.

It worked out to be like $6/month .. pretty cheap!

This was years ago though, so things might have changed unfortunately.

Jay-d, same thing is for CAA, regarding towing friend's car/bike. If you're there, they will tow the car/bike.

And AAA will honour CAA PLUS but not tow across the border. MC's with CAA GOLD coverage also. If you ride a scooter make sure you call it a motorcycle!

How often do some of you break down where you need 4 calls a year?

A better question is - how often do your friends' cars/bikes break down, and they need a favour...

Fair enough, only if they provide beers once everyone and their vehicles are home safe. :D
I'm a nice guy, but I wouldn't subscribe to a plan just for my friends to take advantage of for free lol.

Back
Top Bottom