What Are You Currently Listening To? | Page 88 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Are You Currently Listening To?

I'm a fan of Solomun and the deep house EDM sound. I listened to the Tiesto link and set posted earlier from the recent Tomorrowland Belgium festival, he's a much more popular EDM DJ overall, with his style IIRC like more electro EDM... and it's not my thing. Tiesto uses a lot of mainstream dance song clips and sound loops... with much less flow. I find it less melodic too. Tiesto here is a notably more rapid fire pump style dance music.

This is great deep house EDM! Thx
thumbup2.gif
. Here's the Youtube video of that session. NSFW.
Hot Since 82 - Live From a Pirate Ship in Ibiza.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Solomun and the deep house EDM sound. I listened to the Tiesto link and set posted earlier from the recent Tomorrowland Belgium festival, he's a much more popular EDM DJ overall, with his style here IIRC in the electro EDM style... and it's not my thing. Tiesto uses a lot of mainstream dance song clips and sound loops... with much less flow. I find it less melodic too. Tiesto here is a notably more rapid fire pump style dance music.

This is great deep house EDM! Thx
thumbup2.gif
. Here's the Youtube video of that session. NSFW.
Hot Since 82 - Live From a Pirate Ship in Ibiza.

Yeah I saw that video, hes got the same crew with him wherever he goes, he cant do any wrong right now, from his solid productions to his crazy ability to be versatile in any scenario, he can play any subgenre in any venue in front of any kind of crowd and kill it. I think this guy doesn't get enough respect. I caught him at CODA last december for a techouse set....he just erased my mind of what I thought I knew about music. So killer.

Ive tried to be a Solomon fan, I just cant get into his sound. Doesnt do it for me, altho, Im going to see him at Pacha this sept in Ibiza.

Personally, I have never been into trance.....I was born into the scene as a club kid, never a raver. My first love is house, and always will be. I dont think I could handle a tomorrow land weekend without wanting to leave lol

I posted this Jan release strong alt indie rock hip hop song in March here. It now has >136M views, spectacular for alt indie rock. They recently toured Canada. Enjoy. IIRC @Joe Bass does
thumb_up.gif]

Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
Twenty One Pilots also just set a record of something along the lines of the only band to have all of their singles off 2 albums certified gold.
The more I hear from them, the more I like them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Twenty One Pilots also just set a record of something along the lines of the only band to have all of their singles off 2 albums certified gold.
The more I hear from them, the more I like them.

Correction: they had EVERY track off two albums certified gold at a minimum.
Previously, they were the only people to have done it with one album.

Solomun had another Belgium 2019 Tomorrowland set recently released on Youtube, this one on the main stage. It's great and builds over time.

@Rob Star, it's great to share EDM artists
thumb_up.gif
. Hot Since 82 is below Solomun to me but they're both impressive. I find Hot Since 82 more sampled and less artistic than Solomun but HS82 has mastery-level flow too. Seeing artists live definitely helps
smile.gif
, I love the Solomun crowds, so much cultural and age variety which I really like
in_love2.gif
Enjoy Ibiza, amazing. Report back on what you enjoyed and recommend for sure
MexWave.gif

Last edited:
I thought I was the one who was cool when it came to finding new/old cool tunes... These days it's my 21 year old daughter sending me links and turning me on to cool new stuff and **** from way back...

The Growlers

The Buttertones

A group I'd forgotten about, but now can't seem to hear enough of... The Gun Club

Last edited:
High school parking lot... '76 Camaro... Not bald yet.... Oh to be young again...

Here's a recent techno EDM release that I definitely recommend for those in the scene. I can't link it any other way that I can figure out other than go to the Soundcloud link here for Sian - Opium. A few days old and just over 1k views.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom