The Cult blew the roof off the place, great show

was reminded over the weekend
when The Cult opened in TO for Billy Idol
late 80's sometime

that sneering fake blonde should have just gone home
The Cult blew the roof off the place, great show

I was there..!

May 1987

I went because my cousin, who was visiting from Germany wanted to go see him live. Apparently Idol was blowing up in Europe at the time.
'Concert was at the now gone Exhibition Stadium/Grandstand and yes... After the Cult finished their set 50% of the audience got up and left Lol.
I recall after being introduced, Idol ran up onto stage and un-rebel-like wiped out... Falling on his ass... lol.

Fast forward 35 years... My wife and her girlfriend went to a small venue in TO last year to see Idol...
An acoustic show, just him and his guitarist... She said it was actually a really good show.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

History tid-bit...

Very cool.
Also LoL'd at the YT comment:
Everyone knew, we had more than a feeling.

And now thanks to @Hack I'm listening to this:

I was there..!

May 1987

I went because my cousin, who was visiting from Germany wanted to go see him live. Apparently Idol was blowing up in Europe at the time.
'Concert was at the now gone Exhibition Stadium/Grandstand and yes... After the Cult finished their set 50% of the audience got up and left Lol.
I recall after being introduced, Idol ran up onto stage and un-rebel-like wiped out... Falling on his ass... lol.

Fast forward 35 years... My wife and her girlfriend went to a small venue in TO last year to see Idol...
An acoustic show, just him and his guitarist... She said it was actually a really good show.

August 1987 the Cult came back as headliners...they were amazing

The opening band was a relatively unknown band called Guns n Roses and they were absolute garbage at that time. They were basically booed off stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom