Western Canada flying tour | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Western Canada flying tour

When I told my boss what that I was planning a big 2 week trip out west he said 'that doesn't seem like enough time, why don't you take a month?' OK, twist my arm :)

Wow, he's a keeper!

I did the reverse. Told my boss the start date of my vacation, but didn't tell him how long we were going.

We're in Europe, two weeks into our motorcycle trip, and he e-mails me, "Where the hell are you?"

He assumed I was taking two weeks. I came back 32 days later.

Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, I always say...

...so I think I'll add in a few days to pop up to Yellowknife and Whitehorse while I'm at it.

If you're going to Whitehorse, you might as well go to Dawson City, then on to Alaska, too.

So many options, never enough time.

Should be doable. Long days, but that's why the Goldwing and not my KLR :). Just letting Google pick the fastest route, it looks like about 5,500km or so out to central BC. A bit less on the way back. Figure 12-13,000km total with some meandering. At this point I'm thinking 2 weeks, maybe plus a day or two at either end for about 17 days. Maybe work the Canada Day long weekend in (although not sure I want to be heading back to the GTA at the same time as a million other people...)
I had a GL1200 and now I ride a first gen KLR. If I was headed to BC I'd take the KLR even if I still had the Wing (unless the Squeeze was also coming)

Back
Top Bottom