Went to see ROM+Vikings | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Went to see ROM+Vikings

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be ****** if I paid extra to see reproductions. To me the best part of a museum is standing in front o something and imagining all the history involved. I just couldn't feel the same way if I knew it was made in a factory somewhere.

If I could get the zoo, science centre, and rom in a membership, then it would be worth it to me. But a membership for one place, that I probably wouldn't visit more than twice a year, is pretty much a no go.

another bonus with a ROM membership is you skip the lineup, you just scamper up to a seperate desk and scan in. I'll pay extra to skip a line.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be ****** if I paid extra to see reproductions. To me the best part of a museum is standing in front o something and imagining all the history involved. I just couldn't feel the same way if I knew it was made in a factory somewhere.

Agreed... that is pretty lame and cheap of the ROM. If they can't entice a real exhibit of artifacts then is it not worth it to me.

Does the ROM not have a free day?

Agreed... that is pretty lame and cheap of the ROM. If they can't entice a real exhibit of artifacts then is it not worth it to me.

Does the ROM not have a free day?

I'd say most of the stuff was the real deal, some things like clothing was clearly labeled , but lets face it 1000 yr old cloth would be rare. I didn't feel short changed. The reproductions were at a minimum, and some things they wanted to depict just dont exist.

While I do believe the prices to be quite excessive and completely inaccessible to a large percentage of people, it's important to remember that they still have to keep the lights on and pay salaries. But yes, the prices are ridiculous. The majority of the 'artifacts' in the $12 extra cost Vikings exhibit are actually reproduction pieces as noted on their info cards. Now it's understandable through the rest of the museum's static exhibits, because there are thousands of museums in the world and only so many real artifacts to go around. But in an extra cost pop-up exhibit I expect to see more real items.

They could definitely do to reduced the adult ticket prices and make children free. I'm not even going to touch on the gift shop lol.

I worked on some of their accent lighting that has LED light bars shining on the outside of the windows. Prices on those LED's would choke a horse. Did I mention labour intensive?

On the museum subject I would love to see the planetarium open if it hasn't been flattened for a condo. There are some really bad vibes there as that place was very popular.

The AGO had a problem with its reface a number of years ago. It meant scrapping the work done and paid for by a previous donor. Previous donor wasn't too happy.

Back
Top Bottom