Well .. back at it .. but in the dirt | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well .. back at it .. but in the dirt

:cool: Pop a wheelie

How much are you gonna ask for the Honda next spring?

Install the power up kit on the 230
Don't bother. Ride it for awhile then buy a bike with more power, better suspension and brakes. No point in power upgrades with a drum brake and mtb forks.
Great bike to reintroduce yourself with, most will outride it in short order.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Gee look! a 20 hp bike and it has rim locks on both wheels (y) good feature on any bike that runs tube tires.

nWQpPGRH.jpg

The power up kit costs about 10 bucks...its worth the effort. The 230 is a great bike for having fun on the trails . Great on gas and reliable with basic maintenance. I sold my yz250fx and went back to the 230...besides..I wanted to live longer...?
I changed the shim stack in the rear shock and added spacers in the forks...its not a fx but a hell of a lot of fun to ride.

The power up kit costs about 10 bucks...its worth the effort. The 230 is a great bike for having fun on the trails . Great on gas and reliable with basic maintenance. I sold my yz250fx and went back to the 230...besides..I wanted to live longer...?
I changed the shim stack in the rear shock and added spacers in the forks...its not a fx but a hell of a lot of fun to ride.

Whats the power up kit involve?

120 main (118 would be better)

45 pilot

4th clip from top ( needle)

Snorkel removed from top of air box

Exhaust baffle removed from exhaust (spark arrestor stays)

91 octane pump gas
This does not make it a race bike but you will notice an improvement in performance

There's a lot to be said for riding a bike off road on which you can plant BOTH feet flat on the ground while seated. As long as it's not cramped or too small for the rider it would be a ton of fun in the woods on tight trails.

Plus as you noted it's a tried & true air cooled Honda 2 valve 4 stroke so it's as reliable as dirt.

When the forest opens up you'll be the guy with the biggest grin.

120 main (118 would be better)

45 pilot

4th clip from top ( needle)

Snorkel removed from top of air box

Exhaust baffle removed from exhaust (spark arrestor stays)

91 octane pump gas
This does not make it a race bike but you will notice an improvement in performance
I was with you until removed the baffle. Dont be that guy.

Congrats! Lot's of us older lads ride during the week if you want anyone to ride with. Downloading the Maprika app and the Ganaraska map helps navigate/find the good singletrack in there.

Hey Chris, i was all set to buy the newer model of your 230, F.I and 5 speed but then the virus showed up.

Back
Top Bottom