Weird tool | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weird tool

impact driver was an essential tool when working on my old RD's
like mentioned, the shock helps break the fastener loose
also helps if the head of the screw is not in great shape
gives you much better bite on a worn head - an electric impact does not do that

wouldn't waste any money on that flexible extension

A good old fashioned swivel would be a far better choice from a strength standpoint...although with swivels there always seems to be that magic angle (which seems to randomly vary) where the swivel goes from functional to "I'm just going to lock up and cause you to utter curse words".

I swear physics and geometry are sliding scales when it comes to those things.

Those flexible extentions won't take much twist as others said, but I find them handy for things like hose clamps screws , I have a flex screwdriver with a socket end 5/16? that fits worm gear clamps but sometimes its too short.

some times I'm working on an assembly with clamps that went on before some other stuff got bolted on and buddy put the clamps where only a dwarf chimpanzee could reach.

And my favorite, double hose clamps for safety and one screw facing each way.....

Speaking of tools, I ordered some from Grainger recently, and they have shipped it within 24hours, not bad during covid

I spoke to them before placing the order, she didnt lie!

Wonder how long it'll take to actually arrive though. For the first time ever Amazon shipped one of my parcels with Purolator this week. Shipped Monday, didn't even get scanned as moving until Tuesday, was supposed to delivery today....did not arrive, still shows sitting in Toronto.

Wonder how long it'll take to actually arrive though. For the first time ever Amazon shipped one of my parcels with Purolator this week. Shipped Monday, didn't even get scanned as moving until Tuesday, was supposed to delivery today....did not arrive, still shows sitting in Toronto.

and its here, that was downright light speed

ordered it like 2 days ago, shipped yesterday, its here today

I like the aluminum ones. Much nicer to move around. Sometimes find them for $100 on sale. The rapid lift is nice, they are low to get under almost anything, the downside is not enough lift height for SUV unless you use a block or jack under the suspension.

kid has a mazda 3 - small and aluminum would work really well; as he plans to keep it in his car.
recently we changed out his 4 snows. he liked the small floor jack, 4 way crossed tire iron, short piece of leverage pipe, and full size spare in my trunk lol

kid has a mazda 3 - small and aluminum would work really well; as he plans to keep it in his car.
recently we changed out his 4 snows. he liked the small floor jack, 4 way crossed tire iron, short piece of leverage pipe, and full size spare in my trunk lol
I wouldn't keep in in my car. Way too big for that imo, it's still 60 lbs (just not 100 like the steel jacks). The standard emergency jack works for me for the occasional roadside change.

I like the aluminum ones. Much nicer to move around. Sometimes find them for $100 on sale. The rapid lift is nice, they are low to get under almost anything, the downside is not enough lift height for SUV unless you use a block or jack under the suspension.

These are great. I have a harbor freight version of it
It cost me maybe $50 CAD.
But yes. Can't lift an SUV high enough. I made a block out if 2X4s

going to see if I can find the website for that army surplus place on victoria st in kitchener
and maybe look at walmart

There is one in Etobicoke. Lakeshore and Islington intersection.

I've got the Costco one listed above. Picked it up based on reviews. I am very happy with it. It weights a bit but it has handles to easily pick it up.

Looks like current M3 is 5.5" ground clearance so 5" to a jack point should be ok. That particular jack doesn't have stellar reviews.
thx greyghost
feeling slightly deflated hmfff &%#$
maybe it will go on sale b4 the 19th
my old steel one was $30...I had to add oil to it last time we used it..
im a cheap gambler lol

They do if you know how to work them. You MUST take up all the spring tension (push down) before striking a hammer blow. If not then you just round the head making things worse.

Back
Top Bottom