Weird Question for anyone with an answer regarding insurance fraud case?> | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weird Question for anyone with an answer regarding insurance fraud case?>

cutsheal5

So I called my insurance Last week to Inquire as to why my insurance was so High after all my tickets have no dropped off. Because I was so excited to ride this year, She told me I had an accident on my record and that its a 30%surcharge for that?? After thinking about it I said I had only ever had one accident and I was never actually charged for it after the police ran an investigation found out the lady who was driving Had no licence and tried to say that her husband was driving and a bunch of other things, Luckly a nice man stayed as a witness saying she was the one driving and there was no reason for her to lock up all 4 wheels in a totally empy intersection at 3:00 in the morning on a green light. After she said her and her husband needed medical attention because they were so soar ect. The police looked around a bit talked to us all and came to the conclusion that I was infact not at fault "lucky me" being as I slid into them at about 10kph and there was a mere scratch on both our cars how crazy it was. So I called my insurance company to let them know what happened and if the guy calls not to speak to him and to call this officer if they needed any more info. She puts and accident on my insurance file and then cancels my policy? sorry for being honest I guess? Anyways I was not charged and it was not considered an accident from the police side .Is there any way I can have this removed from my insurance record I was not charged and there is a 0$ claim made on the file but they hold it as an accident. What ever I need to do I will do it if I cant i guess im Screwed for another few years :(

insurance companies can still deem you to have a % of fault in an accident, even if you weren't charged or there was no damage. If you rear ended someone, they likely found you at fault regardless of the other person not having a license.

This info is a little old but I doubt it has changed. I was told by a claims adjuster that a rear end collision is always a 100% at fault. Even if the police dont charge you and say that the 15KM of pure ice in the road caused you to be unable to stop in the insurance's eyes you are still 100% at fault. There is no grey area at all.

Police = Highway traffic act
Insurance = Ontario insurance act

Police can not determine fault. The fact is that you rear ended someone and that's all that matters. Now, if neither party claims for damage or injuries most insurance companies will let it slide, but if one person claims for either damage or injury than both parties claim. I'd assume that when Mrs. no license told her insurance company about her injuries you were already cooked. Why she stopped, the weather and road conditions, whether she was licensed......none of it changes the fact that you rear ended her. Proving fraud is very very hard and if there isn't definitive proof there isn't a lot you can do.

Ragu FTW!!! hahaha. Only thing that'll save you in a situation like this is a Go Pro...
You were a sucker for calling insurance, NEVER call those mofos unless you're half dead or killed someone...

Back
Top Bottom