Wednesday -- my cage vs Prevost bus !! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wednesday -- my cage vs Prevost bus !!

Triple

Site Supporter
I was on route to a work-related conference in Ottawa this week, 6 hour drive from home. Great drive up with my colleague....

Day 1, one block from the hotel... stopped at a red light... along comes Mr. bus about 6 inches from my car who then decides to turn a sharp right... problem is, he didn't see me!!! My 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Sport: 0, Leduc Bus Lines Ltd. 2011 Prevost bus: 1 :(

The driver finally realized there was a "problem" when his bus would no longer move. My vehicle served as a wedge between the bus and curb. A great deal of force was applied to my right side front tire and axle. It scared the bejezus out of us. No injuries to us. However, the vehicle vibrates when I drive it on the highway (I can feel it in the pedal, seat, and steering wheel). I hope it's only the alignment and not something more serious. The front left quarter panel, rim, bumper and inner plastic crap are all toast.

The appraiser told me that most of the damage is "fixable", but they wont know if the vehicle suffered frame/axle damage until its on the hoist for a more detailed inspection. Goes in Monday for repairs.

Thankfully, a witness snapped this photo moments after the incident. The bus driver told the attending police officer that we "scootched-up beside him" as he was trying to make a turn!!!

Note the scrape marks on the lower black painted section of the bus:

7172581270_6ec6469568_b.jpg

My colleague snapped this photo of some of the damage to the vehicle:

7172669380_635f8f2004_b.jpg

Last edited:
So glad that dude got that pic!! You can clearly tell you were nowhere near making a right hand turn when the bus nailed you. As a bus driver myself I can tell this guy hit you cuz had it been the other way around that side of your car wouldve been demo'd, he hit you and contiuned moving forward by the scrapes along the side of the bus, he definitely wasnt looking in his blind spot. Glad your ok, that dualie in the back couldve been in the car with you if he had kept going.

Similar thing happened to me in NYC except it was dump truck. I laid on the horn and the driver didn't hear me until it was too late. He didn't even stop to get out. He just kept going. Luckily I was in a rental car and didn't get ding'd for the damage.

Back
Top Bottom