Weather | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather

Hardly seems like February outside. Never seen it like this before, it's almost like the start of spring.

Agreed. I don't recall ever having such a mild winter. We've had 2 snow events of 4" that melted soon after.

Be glad you're not a snowmobiler. Those guys are pisssseeeeedddddd. There's a story I saw on a FB group recently about a guy who bought a $20K sled, paid something like $800 to insure it and a few hundred dollars on a trail pass etc etc etc and didn't get to ride it once. And face it, that season is done at this point unless March breaks the mold of this winter and suddenly goes full potato.

Be glad you're not a snowmobiler. Those guys are pisssseeeeedddddd. There's a story I saw on a FB group recently about a guy who bought a $20K sled, paid something like $800 to insure it and a few hundred dollars on a trail pass etc etc etc and didn't get to ride it once. And face it, that season is done at this point unless March breaks the mold of this winter and suddenly goes full potato.
After the dump just before last weekend, the sleds were out around me. I think that's the first time I've heard them this year.

After the dump just before last weekend, the sleds were out around me. I think that's the first time I've heard them this year.
You getting in much skiing? I can't imagine it's been a good season.
Though I did ride past Lakeridge last week and people were still going.

I think the ski resorts have at least been able to leverage the cold weather (when it was around) to at least make tons of snow, and I'm sure they're pumping it out as fast as they can right now with tonights cold snap.

Snowmobile trails, not so much on the snowmaking front.

It was originally suggested online that that heatwave would reach the GTA next week, but from the Environment Canada forecast I'm looking at, it doesn't look like it's going to hit here. I was thinking about taking a mental health day and going riding if the 18-20c temps that were rumoured actually appeared, but it's not looking good.

You getting in much skiing? I can't imagine it's been a good season.
Though I did ride past Lakeridge last week and people were still going.
Crap year. About 30 times on skiis and a handful of times on a snowboard. Skiing tonight was rough. Warm day so hill got beat up and then cold snap hardened the mess. I chose the wrong skiis (short and stiff) and spent way too much time out of contact with the snow.

They were making snow again today. Normally they try to stop before February. I think they are concerned about their ability to be open during March break.

if the 18-20c temps that were rumoured actually appeared, but it's not looking good.
if the warm flow is the from the south -as likely then Lakes come into play but still should be warm for Feb
Couple days double digits....wet n windy tho
Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at Feb, 24    2024    3.25.36 PM.jpg

Looking like a few days of back to hibernation. It's just kicking up now.

Stupid groundhog. Early spring my arse.

Just got an email from a friend. Says they're calling for sunny and 13C on Sunday. Wonders who wants to ride to the bike show.
With nothing better on I just might.

Just got an email from a friend. Says they're calling for sunny and 13C on Sunday. Wonders who wants to ride to the bike show.
With nothing better on I just might.
I would but I'll be at Sherway opening the season with fresh students! Thankfully the weather looks beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful

Someone grab me a few stickers.

Hopefully y'all didn't just jinx it by speaking too soon. Next couple of days look like shite.
Last night was crazy for sure, will be checking property today for any damages...

Roads are getting a great wash here now
Plows are out up here. Since it is well above freezing and raining, I assume they are spreading salt.

EDIT:
As of 09:00, patrolling the area but not spreading. Surprised they have so many patrols out.

Last edited:
Uh oh I sense another thread to be unleashed! ;)
Hey! My threads are good, don't be a hater... LOL
But not this time, everything looks to be in place and the barn is still standing :)

Back
Top Bottom