Weather threads here. | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather threads here.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

Got another 200K in the books today...was cold down here by the lake (the wind was coming from the S and the lake wasn't helping) but once we got up north a little it was noticeably more comfortable.

Went out to Muddys Pit for some BBQ for lunch (it was meh) and then up around the top around the back roads (still lots of sand on them), stopped at Tyrone Mill for some desert on the way back down and around (waistline destruction is off to a good start) and then home.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

Just over 150km in for me today. Lots of meandering coming back from Guelph, fun all the way!

Last edited:
Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming.YES!!!!!!

Guelph and Clappisons corners for me today. Burned a tank through my new Tuono. I want to get the break-in done asap. Great day for riding.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

about 120km on my tiny little 250 over the weekend. kept it inside the city today cause i was trying to break in my new riding shoes. i forget how vastly it changes the dynamic of operating your bike when you wear footwear you're not used to.

after frigging with 2 nails in the rear tire
still managed to rip 500 km
not a bad day although it started negative

Got 250 km on a loop up to River Road ( very sandy ) but more important long saddle time....a bit stiff when I got home - figured that was about 2/3 of a planned day going to BC in terms of saddle time.....1/3rd in distance ...but then did not start till 11 am and road trips start 7 am in June.

Actually rode with my summer gloves for a while it was so nice.
The BLT at Hockley General store was excellent - think that might be my daily lunch ride instead of the Forks for a while as it represents a longer loop ( 160 km min ) and additional options coming back via Grand Valley, Belwood etc. Really wanna get 3-4 hours saddletime as many days as possible for the next few weeks until I leave early June.

Normally I'm riding in Australia for the winter but zilch this year since November. Have all the luggage mounted now so will give me some mileage indication. Bloody beast drinks fuel :(

Lots of cops out and Forks was a zoo when I stopped for coffee on the way home.

15 again tomorrow. :D

Felt kinda weird as there was tons of snow about ( and wet roads as a result of melt ) but warm sunshine. Been a decade since I've ridden this time of year in Ontario :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I was happy to jump back on my bike last week (Wednesday) once the sky started cleaning... And ough-dammit! I got some electrical issues... Haven't figured out yet, but looks like alternator not charging. I had similar in 2013 - had to replace stator...
Unfortunately it looks like I will be caging for a while...
I so envy you...

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Nice riding yesterday, good seeing more riders out there. Did about 225 almost a full tank. Checked out Forks of the Credit. Hmm interesting. Too congested for my liking though, the route out of Belfountain was the most interesting part. Rest of it was basically all over the place, mostly North of the city avoiding it due to DVP being closed (how dumb).

Lots of cops out, saw many speeders pulled over, now if they could work on aggressive drivers.

Nice riding yesterday, good seeing more riders out there. Did about 225 almost a full tank. Checked out Forks of the Credit. Hmm interesting. Too congested for my liking though, the route out of Belfountain was the most interesting part. Rest of it was basically all over the place, mostly North of the city avoiding it due to DVP being closed (how dumb).

Lots of cops out, saw many speeders pulled over, now if they could work on aggressive drivers.

Aggressive is not really quantifiable, therefore cops cant do anything about it.

Speeding with a radar = quantifiable.

Seeing someone on a phone = definitive

Aggressive not so much

due to DVP being closed (how dumb).

I live right next to it and I'm not complaining, they cleaned it and filled in the pot holes.

Aggressive is not really quantifiable, therefore cops cant do anything about it.

Speeding with a radar = quantifiable.

Seeing someone on a phone = definitive

Aggressive not so much

I wager HTA 172 solved most of those issues. Stunt driving, racing, etc.

First ride of the season today on my new (to me) bike. Feeling so happy :D

Sucks it's going to rain heavy on Wednesday. Not prepared to ride in the rain till I get familiar with the bike.

First ride of the season today on my new (to me) bike. Feeling so happy :D

Sucks it's going to rain heavy on Wednesday. Not prepared to ride in the rain till I get familiar with the bike.

Rain will be a good thing,,,it will wash away the winter crap....

Rain will be a good thing,,,it will wash away the winter crap....

Yes... and believe it I already have bug splatter on the fairing....didn't miss those guys.

Yes... and believe it I already have bug splatter on the fairing....didn't miss those guys.

Yeah, took a big one off the visor on the way into work. Was nice while it lasted..

Yeah, took a big one off the visor on the way into work. Was nice while it lasted..
lol me too! I only rode for about two hours and still managed to get bug splatter all over my new helmet.

lol me too! I only rode for about two hours and still managed to get bug splatter all over my new helmet.
I had to pull over on Sunday to clean off the visor because I ended up with one right in my line of vision, and I was on some backwater dirt road with holes everywhere. LOL

Gray out but nice and not a hint of rain - got my 160km in - forgot the laptop so quick turn around. Bike a bit noisier at slab speeds than I'd like but not sure I can do much.

Back
Top Bottom